Author Topic: Batteries, Battery Life and Replacing the batteries  (Read 5345 times)

Offline JonB256

• My website
Four AA cells. No problem, but how long do they last?  Has anyone actually drained one? (perhaps you forgot to turn it off?)

I got nervous about the batteries when my tester was 1 year old. Still seemed fine, but replaced them anyway.

BUT - when you do this, be very very very careful. Don't try it in the dark. It is easy to push the metal contacts off so that they drop into the tester. :(

Then you have to open the case to put it back together.

This tester is worth its weight in gold!!!

Offline tbone321

Re: Batteries, Battery Life and Replacing the batteries
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, »
I used Lithium batteries in mine.  They have a long shelf life and way more reserve than Alkaline batteries.  It has been 2 years and the tester is still working fine.  When it stops working then I will replace them. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, »
A note from one of my early posts.

"A good set of rechargables (2400mA) should give about 24 hours of on-time in wireless mode, and about 40 hours in wired mode."

Don't forget it also has a built-in low battery indicator. So you should be good to go.

Offline DonFL

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, »
I just finished building one this week, bought the board on a whim. Have to say, this is the best impulse buy I've made all year.  8)

I was considering either wiring it with rechargable batteries and a charging plug, or at minimum an AC/DC option, but with that kind of battery life, not sure I need to.