Author Topic: Success with converting 2012 to 2013  (Read 1627 times)

Offline zwiller

Success with converting 2012 to 2013
« on: November 15, 2013, »
Year number 2 for me with LSP and I have finally sat down to finish making the changes from last year's sequences to this year's layout and just have to say far it is going extremely well.  I am probably changing channels on about 25% of the controllers converting all incans to rgb.  I cannot even imagine doing this with Vixen (or using it all anymore)  What works for me is using clone controller and remove channels from controller.  That way I can keep the effects and controller images.  I am managing to convert roughly 1 sequence per day during the morning coffee before work.  I suppose this makes up for having to change all the start channels of my aethers...  ;D
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

Re: Success with converting 2012 to 2013
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, »
Thanks for the tip on how to do that, I bet it would work with the Fox song that PeteandVenessa shared!  Been wondering how I would delete channels and keep the effects, did not know the clone controller would keep the track out there. 

I also found it is easier for me to just sequence a few channels (like just the arches) all the way through, and then come back and flesh out the other items.  Found it's not such a menagerie of effects then!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, »
I could swear when I tried cloning a controller in the past it did not keep the effects.  Also, heads up, if you clone a controller from a layer it does not automatically link to that layer and just puts clone in main controller area.  This took a few what the heck moments...   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline caretaker

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, »
My biggest problem has been that I have changed some of my elements (windows, columns) from single channel to Pixels so I just added the single channel tracks to my layer with the corresponding RGB elements and then recreated what I wanted from there.  What has me most frustrated in copy and paste which seems to have a mind of it own including filling in huge blocks all the way to end of the sequence at times. 
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, by caretaker »
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, »
To me the key is preserving the beat track intervals.  After that it's about adding things in.  Whatever you do, do NOT add effects beyond what is displayed on the screen, that causes the dreaded effect until end of sequence stuff.  Zoom out and make sure you see then end of the changes you want. 

I added controllers from my preferred setup in the collections area and this helped immensely.  Wish it retained starting channels though.  For some odd reason, I was particular to include channel numbers in controller name...  Paid off big time!

Offline urthegman

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, »
Hmmm, maybe with this clone controller maneuver you have found a back door way of copy/pasting???

Offline bwhite505

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, »
Thanks for the tip on how to do that, I bet it would work with the Fox song that PeteandVenessa shared!  Been wondering how I would delete channels and keep the effects, did not know the clone controller would keep the track out there. 

I also found it is easier for me to just sequence a few channels (like just the arches) all the way through, and then come back and flesh out the other items.  Found it's not such a menagerie of effects then!

I would like to try the Fox song.  I could not find where it was shared.  Could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Brian

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, »
Hmmm, maybe with this clone controller maneuver you have found a back door way of copy/pasting???

I am using it all the time.  I have most of last years converted to the new layout.  Probably only have a few hours into it.  Another function I am using alot is selecting cells and right click select edit rgb blend.  I use this to convert all my white (incans) to rgb.  I would think the rgb tool effect would do this but it is wonky to me. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, »

I am using it all the time.  I have most of last years converted to the new layout.  Probably only have a few hours into it.  Another function I am using alot is selecting cells and right click select edit rgb blend.  I use this to convert all my white (incans) to rgb.  I would think the rgb tool effect would do this but it is wonky to me.

I love the recent gradient list down below too, makes it WAY faster to copy that blend along a bunch of dis parrent items in a hurry.