Author Topic: xlights/nutcracker - pictures  (Read 1091 times)

Offline mitch09

xlights/nutcracker - pictures
« on: November 15, 2013, »
i have a question about using pictures in nutcracker. Is there a way to have the picture 'stitched' to itself? What I have is an image resized to fit my 180 megatree and I would like it to go left to right and be a continuous loop. I can have it loop, but there is blank space once the image ends and before it starts again. Is this because my tree is 180? I don't want the blank space, just my image end to the front of the same image over and over.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: xlights/nutcracker - pictures
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, »
Does your image have a border causing the blank space?
Like can you crop out any "white" space

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, »
Mitch, getting the timing right might be touchy, but if you put the same picture in Effect 1 and Effect 2, they might do what you want. Just Start Effect 2 "x" number of seconds later.

Offline mitch09

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Does your image have a border causing the blank space?
Like can you crop out any "white" space

Rick R.
Rick,
There is no border. But for some reason the image starts rotating left to right and at the end if the image there is blank(black) space as if the image is rotating to the back half of the tree, which isn't there since it's 180.

I have tried playing with the 2nd effect but haven't thought about having it delayed somehow. I'll try that tonight