Author Topic: conductor not connecting  (Read 8789 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
conductor not connecting
« on: November 15, 2013, »
1. load new firmware pickit3
2. format cf card fat32 16kb
3. convert sequence to .seq and audio to .ogg and load to cf card in card reader.
4. create .sho .sch  password.dat  playlist.dat
5. verify info on cf card and when I install into conductor  it's not connecting

playlist.dat
show13.sho
wiz13.seq
wiz
password.dat
testnow.sch

those are the files as they are seen on the cf card. one question I have is it doesn't show the .ogg extension  on the cf card, but when I go into the control panel version3 and create the show, it shows the .ogg extension in control panel. windows security has the control panel as having access to the network. I used the ed to run the lights prior to formatting with new conductor firmware.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: conductor not connecting
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, »
anybody?
Florence, KY

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, »
Don't know if this is the actual problem, but I believe your .seq file and .ogg file must be the exact same prior to the extension.  you may also try renaming them just using a single number (i.e. 1.seq and 1.ogg).  I seem to remember some people having issues that naming it a single number corrected. 

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, »
You might search some old threads. I remember lots of posts about it. I think some cf socket problems may have been one cause. If flashed back to etherdongle firmware does it still work? I keep one flashed that way to test whether my lights are connected correctly.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, »
so the ogg and seq file have to have the same name? I think I might remember that too. this conductor worked last year. I didn't use it for my show due to the time sync issue but it did work. I will try naming them the same and see what happens. I have read all posts back to December of last year.
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If flashed back to etherdongle firmware does it still work? I keep one flashed that way to test whether my lights are connected correctly.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

yes it worked the lights prior to reprogramming pic for conductor. I have a secondary ED for testing. I use my laptop(show computer) for work so big goal is to get the conductor going this year. is there a test for the socket to make sure it's ok? it did work last year though. I just renamed the seq and ogg to the same name, recreated the show. and still not connecting.
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, »
This is from rrowan "1) at least one *.seq and/or *.mp3 file on the compact flash (CF) card,
2) created a password, which will create a password.dat file on the CF card,
3) create at least one show, which will create a file *.sho on the CF card, and
4) schedule a show to run, which will create a playlist.dat file on the CF card.

All four of these must be met before the control panel will see the Conductor.

Note:

1) All files names must be 8 characters or less.
2) Do not ever delete or rename any files on the compact flash card. If you do you will have to reformat the CF card and copy your files back to the CF card before the Conductor will play your show(s).

The next step would be to checkout the pins on the CF card reader.  First look where the pins are bent at 90 degree to see if any of them are touching each other.  Secondly check for any solder bridges on the pins of the card reader on the PCB pads.  Then lastly check to see if any of the pins might not be solder on their pad.  The easiest way to do that would be to take something like a toothpick and attempt to move each of the card reader pins at the PCB.  If any are loose you'll need to solder them".

Many people used a toothpick to check for leads not soldered on the CF socket and had to resolder them. I think one person had to replace the CF socket due to a broken pin. I think someone else had to replace the RTC.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, »
As Keith mentioned in all likelihood you'll find a lose pin on the CF card reader being the problem since it looks like all the requirements for V3 Conductor are being met.

Just to clarify the requirements for V3 Conductor are different than the V1 requirements Keith quoted.  With the latest version 3 CP and corresponding firmware the *.MP3 audio files have been replaced by *.OGG files (item # 1).  Now when a show is scheduled a new schedule file is create *.sch in version 3 (item # 4) and must be present on the CF card.  Under the notes item # 2 is no longer applicable and can be ignored since a DOS like file system is being used.

FYI
The *.seq and *.ogg files name do not have to be the same, e.g. a show with a sequence name of Wiz.seq and Wizard.ogg is a valid combination.

Denny

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, »
i'm just curious as to how it worked last year, after i fixed the cf pins that were loose. was in a cabinet in the garage all year, and now I have a problem with the cf socket? i will check the pins again with a hot iron, but with a pick, none of them are moving. this conductor worked last year.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, »
ok, went to the garage, got out the pick and magnifier and no loose pins on the cf socket. I am stumped. I am sure it's something simple that I am missing. this ed worked with old conductor firmware last year. pulled it out this year, flashed pic for ED and it worked the lights. reflashed for the conductor, formatted card a couple different times not connected. since my last post I have:

1 switched cat5 cables just in case, no go
2 turned off windows firewall just to makes sure it wasn't blocking anything
3 checked all pins on cf and everything was solid. took an ohm meter to the pad on the pcb and the pin itself as it 90's up away from pcb and all checked out.
4 reformatted cf card
5 converted mp3 again too ogg in audacity
6 loaded cf card with .ogg and .seq file
7 went to conductor chose Kingston created .sho .sch and password.dat which all created the playlist.dat
8. went to network sharing center and it shows connected to LAN but it is just identifying. should say aetheros something right?

still nothing. I closed ccp and upon  opening i got a flash of it waiting for the next show but only for about 2 seconds and then it went to not connected. eject card and it says card error, reinsert the card and nothing changes, just says card error.  if i reset the ccp, it comes back to not connected. I will go back in reading the forum and see what I can find about card error messages.
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, »
Did you do the audio hardware modification? On mine it shows an "unidentified network" but it is still connected. Yours must be connected for at least a little while or you wouldn't have seen the "waiting for next show" or the "card eject". If it stays on "waiting for next show" I think you are connected.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, »
Are you connected direct to your computer or through a network?

Try direct to the computer with a cable.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, »
I am connected directly to my computer. sometimes when I connect the cat5 to the computer, it will stay connected but identifying, some times it will keep flashing in and out trying to connect. as of now, the green light on the magjack is staying lit with a slight flash every 5 seconds. network sharing center says identifying no network access.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Did you do the audio hardware modification? On mine it shows an "unidentified network" but it is still connected. Yours must be connected for at least a little while or you wouldn't have seen the "waiting for next show" or the "card eject". If it stays on "waiting for next show" I think you are connected.

I have not done the audio hardware modification, when it worked last year, I didn't have any issues with audio. only issue I had last year is some of my songs wouldn't sync properly, couple of my songs played just fine all the way threw and some would get out of sync. I agree that I think I am connected threw the cat5, the network sharing center is showing identifying but no network access. I am starting to think it might be the ogg file not having the ".ogg" extension on the cf card. I converted threw audacity but when I put it on the card, it just shows the name of the file, not the .ogg extension. all the other files have the proper extension on them. but when I access the playlist threw the ccp, it shows the .ogg extension.
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, »
after doing some reading I went in to disk management to format the cf card and still getting the same results. network sharing is still showing the lan connection so the computer is reading the conductor. what size does the ogg file need to be? audacity just converts but converter lite shows options of 320kbps 256kbps 192kbps 128kbps?
Florence, KY