Author Topic: conductor not connecting  (Read 8808 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: conductor not connecting
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, »
Have a similar issue.  My blinky pc is xp and used it successfully throughout the entire conductor beta, with the use of a crossover cable.  Worked on other stuff and conductor sat on the shelf.  Recently loaded new firmware and gave it a go and have the same issues as you.  Mag jack blinking every 5 seconds but no go no matter what.  Try my win7 box and I have no issues (need firewall off though).  I suspect all is good except pc config.  Crossover cable, IP address, anti-virus, firewall.   Never did it but I thought about reverting to last known working conductor firmware with my xp box and seeing if that fixes it.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Have a similar issue.  My blinky pc is xp and used it successfully throughout the entire conductor beta, with the use of a crossover cable.  Worked on other stuff and conductor sat on the shelf.  Recently loaded new firmware and gave it a go and have the same issues as you.  Mag jack blinking every 5 seconds but no go no matter what.  Try my win7 box and I have no issues (need firewall off though).  I suspect all is good except pc config.  Crossover cable, IP address, anti-virus, firewall.   Never did it but I thought about reverting to last known working conductor firmware with my xp box and seeing if that fixes it.

this conductor worked on this laptop last year. i'm starting to think that it is something to do with my ogg file. there is no .ogg extension on the end of the file in the cf card. there is an extension on the other files  .seq  .dat .sch .sho but no .ogg I have converted threw audacity and converter lite and neither is producing the extension. when I go into conductor control panel and create a show, it shows the .ogg file so I am stumped.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline keitha43

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, »
My Win8 machine doesn't show .ogg but it does say it is an ogg audio file under type. I have my folders set to detail view.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, »
Just to clarify. Have you tried the etherdongle firmware recently? Because your antivirus and other programs could have updated and changed things since last year. Have you tried both crossover and straight cables? Did you use the Pickit3 Stand Alone Programmer Appver 1.0 to program the Pic instead of the v3 beta or MPLAB? I have read the v3 beta can give the correct checksum but the etherdongle still doesn't work correctly.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, »
My Win8 machine doesn't show .ogg but it does say it is an ogg audio file under type. I have my folders set to detail view.

that's the way it looks on mine as well. guess that rules that out. I am stumped then. I have no clue why this thing isn't connecting. can't see it being a cf socket issue if all the pins are solid and it worked last year. the cf card format and files  are the only thing I can think of causing my issue. firewall is off so I know it's not that.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, »
Perhaps someone in Kentucky is close enough to help troubleshoot. If you didn't use the v3 beta programmer to flash it which more than one person has said gives a correct checksum but still won't work correctly.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, »
Perhaps someone in Kentucky is close enough to help troubleshoot. If you didn't use the v3 beta programmer to flash it which more than one person has said gives a correct checksum but still won't work correctly.

lonewolf is about an hour away but not sure if he is using the conductor. I used pickit 3 with v69 firmware to program. if i'm not mistaken the check sum was 0000.  I can reflash to etherdongle firmware and it will control  the lights.
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, »
You might try reformatting and start over and rename one .seq to 1.seq and the audio to 1.ogg and drag them to the cf card to be used as a test. I remember some people seemed to have a problem until they did that. Not sure why as I didn't have any problems with filenames once I found out the disk management workaround to get the cf card to format correctly.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, »
You might try reformatting and start over and rename one .seq to 1.seq and the audio to 1.ogg and drag them to the cf card to be used as a test. I remember some people seemed to have a problem until they did that. Not sure why as I didn't have any problems with filenames once I found out the disk management workaround to get the cf card to format correctly.

nope, didn't change anything
Florence, KY

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2013, »
Duane,
A couple of questions to try and narrow down if there is a problem with the Conductor or with the network connection to the Conductor:
1. Does your computer have multiple network connections/adapters?
2. After the initial boot up of the Conductor, what is happening with the lights on the MagJack?  Specifically I'm wanting to know of it is blinking consistently every x seconds or does it appear to be rebooting every so often.
3. Since it worked last year, I would assume the Conductor is working OK although you can't get the Control Program(CP) to connect to it.  Without a network connection to the Conductor, you won't be able to monitor what's happening on the Conductor, be able to sync. the RT clock to you computer, change audio level, or manually play a show.  To test if the Conductor is working you could create a short sequence with a limited number of lights and audio for a show and then schedule that show to run multiple times close to you computer time, assuming the Conductor RT clock is still close to your computer time.  Now hook up the hardware/lights and audio to the Conductor and see if it plays the show.  If the show is scheduled to run everyday at a certain time it should run if the Conductor is really working.  IF this works then we know, as Sam mentioned above, that were dealing with the network or configuration issue.

Denny

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, »
Silly question: Are you using the program?
Control Panel v3  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, »
1. yes multiple adapters, the network sharing center shows the unidentified network Atheros Ar8152/8158 PCI-E fast Ethernet
2. magjack light stays constent with a blink every 5 seconds or so. this ED works the lights flash as ED wired as it is.
3. i set up the test show on the cf card for 3:45pm. so far it hasn't started but that doesn't mean it's not working. i will leave it hooked up for the evening to see if the conductor kicks the show on. the clock on the conductor control panel is spot on, but with not connected i understand that the clock on the conductor could very well be off.

and yes control panel V3 with firmware version69
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, »
6 hours and no blinky
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, »
You might pm lonewolf and see if he is using a conductor so you can troubleshoot. It kind of sounds like your conductor is constantly rebooting. I saw that if the "allocation size" is not 16 kilobytes for formatting. The RTC part may be malfunctioning but you usually see an RTC error message show up. If I remember right it had to be up off the board not touching anything and the battery inserted correctly. The audio hardware mod also created to stop the conductor from rebooting with certain transmitters so you might try it without an audio cable plugged in to see if it works then.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, »
You might pm lonewolf and see if he is using a conductor so you can troubleshoot. It kind of sounds like your conductor is constantly rebooting. I saw that if the "allocation size" is not 16 kilobytes for formatting. The RTC part may be malfunctioning but you usually see an RTC error message show up. If I remember right it had to be up off the board not touching anything and the battery inserted correctly. The audio hardware mod also created to stop the conductor from rebooting with certain transmitters so you might try it without an audio cable plugged in to see if it works then.

I pm'd keith,. this conductor worked last year. I started testing with it and it was loosing time on a few songs but on a few others it was rock solid. all on the same show and schedule file. my show was running solid on vixen scheduler so I put the conductor in the cabinet and it didn't move, get bumped, dropped or anything heavy stacked on it. I pulled it from the cabinet last week for the first time in 11 months, flashed it for etherdongle so I could test due to high channel count(I now have a back up ed for testing), made sure it worked as ED and controlled the lights. formatted cf card  to fat32 16kb flashed pic with new v69 firmware, deleted existing conductor control panel and downloaded version 3. the first night I really put effort into getting it going this year, I did see a brief flash of it waiting for show meaning that it connected for that brief moment. then I was getting a card error when I pulled the card out of the conductor. no audio connection has been made yet this year during my testing issues. no RTC error, but if the conductor isn't connecting, then how could the control panel read the RTC error? I would assume that it couldn't do so. in network sharing center it shows the connection being solid, it has had moments where it was flashing in and out like the conductor could have been rebooting, but for the most part it stays solid. green light on magjack stays lit with a brief flash every 5 seconds or so. I've tried different cat5 cables so that isn't the case.
Florence, KY