Author Topic: conductor not connecting  (Read 8810 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: conductor not connecting
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Remember that the ED is a one way communication where the Conductor is 2 way.  It is possible for a network interface to be able to send multicast packets but not be setup properly to receive them.  Firewalls are also good at sending data out but blocking the data coming back, especially UDP packets.

firewalls are off
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, »
Could a dead RTC battery cause this?  I think someone mentioned it.  Test battery with a meter?  Should be 3V. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2013, »
Could a dead RTC battery cause this?  I think someone mentioned it.  Test battery with a meter?  Should be 3V. 

3.06volts dc 
Florence, KY

Offline zwiller

« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2013, »
Well, there you go, too much voltage! ;D

Did you try disabling wifi?  I have to on win 7 box.   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2013, »
Well, there you go, too much voltage! ;D

Did you try disabling wifi?  I have to on win 7 box.

yes, when i disable wifi is when it will actually connect briefly. but it won't do it every time i reboot the conductor manually
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, »
took a time out from the issue with my conductor to work on some projects that "had" to be done. so the steps I took tonight when firing up the conductor was: disable wifi, plug in cat5 cable, insert cf card, plug in conductor, pull up conductor v3 utility, and poof! it flashed up show waiting, but poof, just as fast went away. I am no computer guru, but I have searched everywhere on my computer for any possible firewall and they are off. both windows firewalls are off, I use security essentials by Microsoft for my antivirus protection, no firewalls there to be disabled. I have checked all custom settings in windows firewall for unicast, outgoing, incoming and all seem like they are in the right position for allowing things to work both ways.

duane
Florence, KY

Offline arw01

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2013, »
Only read about half this stream so this might be way off base.  Go into the directory that the conductor software installed to and check the permissions on where the conductor software on the pc may want to write its files.  I had this issue tonight with all of the various start address software programs, normally an error will toss but sometimes they just do wierd stuff.

Also check if cf card is write protected.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2013, »
Conductor uses Broadcast not unicast traffic.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2013, »
Conductor uses Broadcast not unicast traffic.

RJ

from what I have described, any ideas on what I should check? I know the CF card is right or it wouldn't flash waiting for that brief second.
Florence, KY

Offline keitha43

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2013, »
Did you ever try the crossover cable or setting your ip static? Did you try moving the conductor board to your other etherdongle? You might try another Ethernet card as someone in this thread had problems with a card similar to yours but got around it by using another computer. Did you try disabling your antivirus temporarily as some have firewall capability? I guess you didn't hear back from Lonewolf. Having another computer with a known working conductor unit would narrow it down to conductor or computer. But since your show never ran it sounds more likely the conductor.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2013, »
i am confused by one thing, this conductor worked last year. 3 of the 6 songs i loaded on it ran flawless, it had music timing issues with the other 3 songs but it worked. it has only started causing issues since i downloaded the latest firmware. i just got the conductor control panel v3 downloaded to another pc. plugged every thing in and  it wouldn't start recognizing it until i used a crossover cable. i am using a  static ip address, LAN connection keeps connecting and disconnecting. windows firewall is off, wifi is disabled, no anitivirus on this machine.  OS is XP. one thing is that when i connect to my laptop, the conductor will connect in control panelv3 for about 3 seconds and disconnect, on this other pc, it is not even doing that.

i heard back from lonewolf, he says he doesn't know much about the conductor, that RJ used his for testing and sent it back to him saying it was rock solid, so he hasn't messed with his. i am at a point with my show that i could take the several hour trip(hour 15 minute drive one way plus diagnosing my problem) to see lonewolf if necessary and if he is willing. that i have not asked him.   
Florence, KY

Offline zwiller

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2013, »
You and I are both having issues and we're both on XP and that is interesting.  I used mine the entire time of the conductor beta and it ran flawlessly, then I update to newest firmware and CP and no dice.  I never even did anything to the CF card.  Can you try reverting to previous firmware and control panel and see how it goes?  Plan to try this myself tonight.  Anyone have thoughts if it works for us on the previous firmware? 

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, »
FIRST I WANT TO APOLOGIZE TO EVERYONE THAT HAS MADE SERIOUS EFFORT TO HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM. AT THE SAME TIME THANK YOU.

I do not know how, or why, or when, I took a metal pick over all of my cf socket pins and nothing moved(while unplugged of course). for some reason there was a toothpick lying on the table today, not sure where it came from or who, we don't have any in the house. but, with that said I took the toothpick over the cf socket pins while the conductor was on and connected and POOF! IT CONNECTED TO THE CONTROL PANEL! HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THAT! I took a metal pick while the conductor was unplugged with a magnifier and nothing moved, SEVERAL TIMES!  needless to say I am a man and admit when I am wrong. I screwed up and you guys were pulling your hair out right there with me to help and all I can say is you guys are AWESOME!!

but now the clock will not sync? I pulled the battery and it tested at 3.05v. put the battery back in and the conductor clock starts over at 0 0 0 on Monday. I click on sync time and nothing happens.
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2013, »
You and I are both having issues and we're both on XP and that is interesting.  I used mine the entire time of the conductor beta and it ran flawlessly, then I update to newest firmware and CP and no dice.  I never even did anything to the CF card.  Can you try reverting to previous firmware and control panel and see how it goes?  Plan to try this myself tonight.  Anyone have thoughts if it works for us on the previous firmware?

I do not have a previous version of the firmware. re-check your CF pin sockets. I was blue in the face saying that mine were fine and turned out they weren't
Florence, KY

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2013, »
Redo your pasword. The system will not accept inputs unless the passwords match. You click the button but nothing happens.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying