Author Topic: conductor not connecting  (Read 8809 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: conductor not connecting
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, »
reset the password, everything is working on the conductor end. now i'm having an issue going to lights. might be a sequencing set up issue there, but it works threw my other ED and I know the ED with the conductor worked with the lights as ED so I will trouble shoot. as for the conductor, it is running my test show right now as far as the control panel is concerned so I think it is safe to say that it is working. I will run another test show after I check profiles and see what happens.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline zwiller

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, »
YEAH!!!

Hope I get lucky with a loose CF card socket...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
YEAH!!!

Hope I get lucky with a loose CF card socket...

I honestly can't believe I missed it. I hope that is your problem too. now I just have to figure out why I have no blinky! lol

make sure you have a toothpick and slowly graze over the cf pins while the conductor is connected and the cf card is installed. it will kick in if you have a loose cf socket pin. I even put an ohm meter on all the pins at the 90 going to the card and the pad itself on the pcb and they all checked out. really weird. good luck
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline tbone321

Re: conductor not connecting(FINALLY SOLVED)
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, »
The pressure that you were applying to the pins while making your continuity test was probably pressing it back onto the board making the connection.  The only way to really test that is to use needle probes and measure from the socket to the board, avoiding any contact with the pins.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, »
To add more confusion, the conductor works fine on my win7 box but not with the XP box I used for the entire beta?!  I am just going to see if any worked loose...   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, »
I would reconnect it back to the WIN7 box and see what happens.  If it is still working there then the issue is with the other machine.  The Conductor uses multicast which is really not the best protocol for 2 way communications and there may be an issue with how it is being implemented that is not fully compatable with with your XP protocol stack.  Is your XP machine fully up to date on its updates?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, »
Yep, still works on Win7 but not XP.  No CF pins loose...  XP is SP3 with auto updates so should be good there.  Only variable is a crossover cable I made.  Might have gone bad.  Maybe all the unplugging from the 67 firmware revisions took its toll.  I am not making another (PITA) and asked a tech I know for one.  We'll see.  Not critical since I can load show from Win7. 

Offline keitha43

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2013, »
You can buy them pre-made at just about anyplace that sells cables. Even BestBuy. I always get cables from Monoprice.com. It is just a standard crossover cable. Nothing special like a LOR to DMX conversion cable.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yep, still works on Win7 but not XP.  No CF pins loose...  XP is SP3 with auto updates so should be good there.  Only variable is a crossover cable I made.  Might have gone bad.  Maybe all the unplugging from the 67 firmware revisions took its toll.  I am not making another (PITA) and asked a tech I know for one.  We'll see.  Not critical since I can load show from Win7.

Well, there is no magic here.  If it works on one then it can't be a hardware issue with the Conductor.  It looks like an implementation issue.  You could try a crossover cable and I would be supprised if that worked but I have learned that anything is possible.  Auto-updates don't always catch everything and sometimes things like this are found in the optional updates listed under hardware. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2013, »
Will check for updates.  Good idea.