Author Topic: How do I keep my channels with my picture  (Read 1375 times)

Offline cardoc13

• Leturno's Light Show
How do I keep my channels with my picture
« on: November 16, 2013, »
When I save my picture on Vixen, it doesn't save my channels with it. I was wondering if anyone knew how I could save the picture and the channels together, because redoing 32 channels for every song is a pain but once I get to 100+ channels it'll be a royal pain. Thanks for your help!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: How do I keep my channels with my picture
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, »
Save the info into a profile.

From the Profile menu click on Create profile from Sequence.

Then when you start a new sequence just attach the profile. Once you use a profile all of the changes are done (channel order, color, outputs, etc) in the Profile Manage

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline cardoc13

• Leturno's Light Show
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2013, »
Thank you but how do I open my picture in vixen and create a profile

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2013, »
you need to add the picture in your profile Output Plugin adjustable preview.  AT that point you can go into Plugin Set up for the picture and add your lights channel by channel.  Save often.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, »
You add your picture to the adjustable preview
I recommend you convert your picture to black and white before hand and resize it to about 800x600 (vary it as per your needs)

no profile location:
Click on attach plugins button
on the next screen you will see adjustable preview in the left panel - click on it and then click on Use button.
Next  click on the Adjustable preview in the right panel and make sure the channels are listed example 1 to 64
Then click on Plugin Setup.
On the next screen click on load image. Locate and select your picture
When thats done click on reset to picture size

Now you can start adding your lights. Note: This is not a high end idea how your show will look but just a basic representation of your lights.
Select a channel (if none are there click on the drop down box to the right of the clear button.
Use your mouse to draw
When done all of your channels click on ok to exit

Now back to the sequence screen and if you have your channels setup. Click on Profile menu and the create profile from sequence button give it a name.

Once that is done to test create a new sequence and during the setup wizard select the new profile you just created.

The profile can be updated anything you need to make a change and it will update any sequence using that profile. So if you add a new object to your show. Say a tree, modify the profile (channel info - channel color and you can draw the tree in the preview screen) To get to the preview screen you now have to use the Manage profile, select the profile you want and click on the middle button looks like a diagonal equal sign

hope that makes some sense

Rick R.

Check out these videos
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required