Author Topic: None, None, or None with a twist?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline drlucas

None, None, or None with a twist?
« on: November 17, 2013, »
Two strange things are happening to me right now and hoping someone can look at my xml file and confirm I'm doing the right thing. I've been using the random function ALOT with a few locked down settings along the way. When I enter none, none for an effect sometimes it just ignores that and continues in the preview to show the previous effect vs displaying nothing. This is really annoying when I want to turn my arches off! So my work around is to go up to the effects and put in none and none in the drop down and then update grid. When it does that, the grid gets updated with ALOT of other effect settings....Shouldn't None, None work?

Also, next issue, the fade out timing. When I set it on one effect it in a cell and upgrade that cell I go to another cell and the fade out timing has changed from 0 to the fade out timing mark. Is this just my setup doing this, or are you not supposed to be able to fade out only certain cells? I haven't done much sequencing except over the last week and I'm getting some strange things happening. Attached is a zip file which has one of my sequences xml file. If anyone can look or let me know your thoughts on this...

thanks!
Ryan
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline drlucas

Re: None, None, or None with a twist?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, »
Figured out the fade issue...  when you generate random effects it uses the value in fade out regardless of the locked or not...guess it's just one of the effects that doesn't get randomized. Which I suppose is a good thing as there are controlled times to fade in/out.

Now just stuck with the none, none problem still (or need to figure out the logic)!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, »
Oh, and just another thing I noticed...protected elements only protects against random generation...doesn't protect against you pasting over the values or manually updating the grid. Probably by design, but I made a tiny ooops once because of this behavior.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, »
If you want to "clear" an interval that did have something, then a black color wash will do it during a save. Once cleared, then none, none will protect it.

sent from my Galaxy Note

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, »
This works nicely. Thanks for the suggestion!
-Ryan Lucas-