Author Topic: need help  (Read 1249 times)

Offline bob81354

need help
« on: November 18, 2013, »
Hi to all
I just bought  6 coro canes  and there tiny pix controller and  100 smart  Rectangle RGB leds and I have a usb dmx dongle and the L express  what I need to no is how mush power I need to run this ?
and can I use my usb dmx dongle  if I change the firmware instead or do I need to buy the USB DMX Module Programmer wire
and a hub with dmx output to the L express?
and I just wanted to get a few candy canes
any help would be appreciated
Thanks Bob   

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: need help
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, »
I can't help you with the coro canes controllers

If you are staying with DMX then the usb dmx dongle to LE is just fine and I am guessing the coro controllers.

If you are going to pixelnet then the usb dongle re-flash to pixelnet then you need a active hub (pixelnet 16 ports and one dmx output) for the dmx devices. Assuming the Rectangle RGB is smart nodes then you will need Smart String Controllers
The active hub requires a pc power supply the wattage depends on how many RGB nodes you are using.

at least some info

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: need help
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, »
Bob:

I believe you have the following questions:

*How much power for 100 smart pixel rectangles? I can't find a smart-pixel rectangle on the HolidayCoro site, so either you bought them somewhere else or they are a product David no longer sells. David has a FAQ on the topic you should read: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... as he says, there are many factors in calculating the amount of power needed (length of power cable, type of power cable) and you'll need to consider those before you decide what kind of power supply you need.

*Do I need to buy the programmer cable? Yes. The TinyPix device is unlike anything on the DIYLA site and there is nothing you can reuse from your Lynx Dongle or Lynx Express to program the TinyPix.

If you are using smart pixels in the candy canes, please see Bob Moody's pages because smart pixels require more wiring that David shows in his videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

HTH.

\dmc