Author Topic: Wireless Receiver - Lights blinking  (Read 1769 times)

Offline michaelc

• Robbinsville Caputos
Wireless Receiver - Lights blinking
« on: November 19, 2013, »
I have several RX/TX receivers and an EX/RX receiver.   They power up, Green data light is blinking and they are receiving the correct stream since a test light I have displays the right channels when I turn them on.  The issue is that if I turn up a channel all the way,  the test lights blink.  It seem like the DMX transmission is getting interruppted.  I have 1 TX/RX unit that is working flawlessly in Transmit mode.  2 TX/RX that are also working flawlessly.  The issue is another two TX/RX and and EX/RX.

Any ideas on what I can check?
Thanks
Michael

Offline tbone321

Re: Wireless Receiver - Lights blinking
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, »
We probably need a little more information.  What are the receivers connected to and how much of a load is on the controller that is blinking.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline michaelc

• Robbinsville Caputos
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, »
I tried two different configurations:
1) TX/RX connected through Cat 5 to a Ren4Flood controlling a 4 channel LED flood (12 V)
2) EX/RX connected directly to the sockets of a 485 (485 chip removed) as documented in the mod on line here.  (Same Ren4Flood)

Note when I connect the Ren4Flood directly to my DMX splitter (where my Transmitter is), it works fine.  Transmitter is also controlling other TX/RX boards outside (also working fine)

I tried re-orienting the receiver with relation to the transmitter.

Note: Transmitter is in on corner of a room and my workbench is in the other (~15' away line of sight)
Thanks
Michael

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, »
This sounds like an issue with the Ren4Flood.  If this is a Renard unit, unless something has changed, the Renard implementation of DMX is not a true DMX implementation.  What devices are the functioning units connected to?

Offline michaelc

• Robbinsville Caputos
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, »
Functioning devices are connected to a Ren48lsd running DMX and an SS16 (renard also running in DMX mode). The Ren48LSD has been up and running led floods and superstrips on my house for almost 2 years.  I run them all year round.
Thanks
Michael

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, »
What I would suggest is swapping some of the equipment around and see what happens.  Swap the functioning units with the ones that are not working properly and see if the issues move with them.  If the Ren4Flood continues to act strangely, then the issue is with the DMX implementation of the Ren4Flood.  If the problem moves with the TX/RX, then it has the issue and we can start looking at what may be wrong with it.