Author Topic: 2013 COOP - was the pic programmed for the AetherII?  (Read 1160 times)

Offline drlucas

Just finishing up my first build and wondering if I need to pull out the programmer...can't see it clearly in the coop thread
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline drlucas

Question answered...it was programmed.

First try on my build too...think i'm starting to get the hang of this.

and they are bright. even not directly looking at the light, its damn bright.

My transformer being a landscape transformer with the auto on timer (with black electrical tape on it) takes about 20 seconds to kick in. once it did, I was up and running. tomorrow I'll start my second build!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline arw01

Re: 2013 COOP - was the pic programmed for the AetherII?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, »
Congrats!  How long did it take you to build it and stuff it in the case?

Offline drlucas

Re: 2013 COOP - was the pic programmed for the AetherII?
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, »
Thanks!!!

We will see if I can get the second one built in less than 4 hours....the first one I did all the learning...like print the template pdf file, figure out where my 1/8th bit went too (eventually gave in and went to home depot to buy another), figure out I don't have thermopaste and need to run to radio shack and get a tube...figure out that perhaps I should of left the pigtail pair a little bit longer as i had a heck of a time with the shorter cable to hold the pcb up and solder the four wires at the end...minus the transportation time, I'd say about 5 hours including gutting the old halogen lamp. Tonight if i'm lucky enough to escape work on time I'll be able to get the second one built and if I'm really, really lucky, I'll be able to get them out in the yard , run the cat5 cable and connect them...but that's a stretch goal.
-Ryan Lucas-