Author Topic: The Conductor, Where can I get one fast  (Read 3282 times)

Offline Ralph A

The Conductor, Where can I get one fast
« on: November 19, 2013, »
I have been running LOR since 2007.  I am not to familiar with most of RJ's products.  However I met him at the Academy this past summer and he told he of a product call the conductor that could run shows that computers could not handle.

Well, got my lights up and the new computer can not handle my light load. I am running 12 CCR's  for a Superstar tree, 24 CCB's strings for two different mega trees, 5 more CCR's for arches and about 400 regular channels.  My computer is  Intel I-5,  3.3 gh with turbo to 3.7.  16 gig of memory and solid state hard drive.  It lags seriously.

So my question is where can I get a conductor?   Will it run my LOR sequences for now till I can switch over.  For now just want to save this years show.

Please help!
Thanks Ralph

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: The Conductor, Where can I get one fast
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, »
post an add in the for sale or trade section. if someone has one they will contact you
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, »
The conductor would not be able to run your show.  It currently only outputs PixelNet and I don't believe that LOR supprts that yet if ever.  You can get DMX by using active hub but each hub is only capable of putting out 1 DMX universe and it appears that you are way beyond that.  Can the CCR's even work with DMX? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Ralph A

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, »
Hey Tbone, I do not think they will run DMX.  I called a friend who is great with computers.  Said it is not the lack of the processor but that the usb ports have way to much information going thru them.  Switched to USB 3 and it helped a little. Looking in to other options for this year.  Thanks.  And by the way I will be using pixel net this year for the first time.  Thanks again for your post!!  Take care.

Ralph

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, »
Let us know when you post some videos of the show.  The CCR's are what hooked me into this hobby, i missed the sale on them, so going with all pixelnet and rolling my own.  Never did end up with the circles in the mix this year, but maybe later this year for some other occasion will figure out how to sequence them in LSP.

Offline Ralph A

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, »
Hey arw01, I don't know if I will have any videos or not this year.  I am so far behind and have had way to many problems.  I also spent all my money on lights!!  Not much left over for a video camera.  If I do end up with one I let you know.