Author Topic: one down one to go  (Read 1775 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
one down one to go
« on: November 21, 2013, »
one zues built and one to go. not too bad. about an hour non stop. hope to see the new utility soon so i can get some testing done.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: one down one to go
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, »
Congrats!

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Congrats!

thanks, it's been some what of a nightmare though. neither of my two zues boards are operational yet. I just got done building the redneck programmer to re flash my pics but it's not reading either. lol just my luck.
Florence, KY

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, »
one zues built and one to go. not too bad. about an hour non stop. hope to see the new utility soon so i can get some testing done.

maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the utility works -- but you need to have caution not to mix the old utility with the zeus, or the new utility with the sscs.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, »

maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the utility works -- but you need to have caution not to mix the old utility with the zeus, or the new utility with the sscs.

my original post was the very first night i got the board and the utility didn't get post until the next day after i wrote this.
Florence, KY

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, »

The utility works but if you forget to set it to Zeus instead of SSC, then it corrupts the firmware rendering the PIC useless until reflashed with a fresh copy of its firmware.  The new firmware is just for the Zeus and prevents the user from corrupting the PIC.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving