Author Topic: Zeus version of the Smart String Utility  (Read 18532 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Zeus version of the Smart String Utility
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, »
You do have the terminate set correct?  The jumper does need to be on if you are not using the pixelnet out on the board
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, »
Check the fuses and make sure that none have failed.  How do you have the Zeus hooked up?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, »
12v at all screw terminals, fuses good. terminate is terminated. ED definitely works. having issues receiving data at the zues. 3rd cat5 cable I have tried so I seriously doubt that is it. here are some pics. I had to take them inside the garage, it's dark outside. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, »
Are you saying you can program one string at a time but not all?

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, »
Are you saying you can program one string at a time but not all?

RJ

when I first set it up on the utility it would flash one string when I tried to program as all. then I tried each individual channel and it worked fine with the corresponding channel,  but now it won't let me do anything. I checked some solder joints that were questionable and went threw the whole board.  I have swapped st485 chips. I have swapped a pic chip with one from my other zues kit and tried just that string. and still nothing.
Florence, KY

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, »
Built and tested without a hitch. Tested Only with 3 strings so far, as cabling (my least favorite activity) is taking me forever.
Programmed it using - ALL - 50 nodes/string - starting address @ 1
Jumpers on board were:
Terminate:closed
Program:closed
Universe: 1-1
Using etherdongle. When sent the data, the 3 attached strings (#1/#2/#3) all flashed white.
Turned power off. Opened the program jumper. Move the universe jumpers to #2 and #2 (my setup in LSP has my mega tree starting at address #4097). Repowered everything and launched a sequence with LSP -> lights working.
Duane, I looked at the pics and couldn't spot anything wrong on the board. The only thing I can think off is to make sure that the cable going from the board to the string, lead to the first node with the chip inside the LED closest to the board.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, »
Built and tested without a hitch. Tested Only with 3 strings so far, as cabling (my least favorite activity) is taking me forever.
Programmed it using - ALL - 50 nodes/string - starting address @ 1
Jumpers on board were:
Terminate:closed
Program:closed
Universe: 1-1
Using etherdongle. When sent the data, the 3 attached strings (#1/#2/#3) all flashed white.
Turned power off. Opened the program jumper. Move the universe jumpers to #2 and #2 (my setup in LSP has my mega tree starting at address #4097). Repowered everything and launched a sequence with LSP -> lights working.
Duane, I looked at the pics and couldn't spot anything wrong on the board. The only thing I can think off is to make sure that the cable going from the board to the string, lead to the first node with the chip inside the LED closest to the board.

what configuration did you use for the rgb? rgb? rbg? mine worked briefly and then nothing.
Florence, KY

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, »
rgb. I didn't change any other settings than the one mentioned in my previous post.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, »
built zues #2, programmed threw the utility and the 3 strings I had connected all flashed. powered down, opened up program jumper. opened vixen, test sequence and no response. powered down the zues, went back into utility to program again. nothing! i'm going to bed!

Florence, KY

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, »
I will test my Zeus this morning and see if I can simulate the same issues you are  having now.

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2013, »
Strang that you guys are having these issues, the beta guys threw everything but the kitchen sink at them and the final product worked like a charm for them.

In program mode, jumper set, the units ignore any programming you do so no matter what you program you should not be able to make it where you can not be able to program it.

RJ

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2013, »
Strang that you guys are having these issues, the beta guys threw everything but the kitchen sink at them and the final product worked like a charm for them.

In program mode, jumper set, the units ignore any programming you do so no matter what you program you should not be able to make it where you can not be able to program it.

RJ

not sure what I've done RJ. I have built 20 LE's, 3 active hubs, dongles, ssc's, dsc's ....etc and no problems.(short of networking issues with my conductor that I put on the back burner). i will get at it again after work today and see what i can come up with.

Florence, KY

Offline zwiller

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2013, »
I can't help but wonder if the conductor and zeus issues are somehow related... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, »
How do the processors know which one is which?  Is this something that happens every time the Zeus boots up or is this a one time thing?  Could a bad config load prevent this from happening?  He also said that that he swapped a few processors while attempting to debug the programming issue.  Would this have a negative effect?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2013, »
How do the processors know which one is which?  Is this something that happens every time the Zeus boots up or is this a one time thing?  Could a bad config load prevent this from happening?  He also said that that he swapped a few processors while attempting to debug the programming issue.  Would this have a negative effect?

No I made it simple and bullet proof. the pcb is coded to tell each pic which one they are. if you look at some of the pins on the pcb you will see four pins on each pic are binary encoded to 0 - 15 so the pic always knows which one it is. The firmware reads this on boot and goes from there. You can not change this in software.

RJ