Author Topic: what to change in LSP to start using the Etherdongle vs USB?  (Read 3910 times)

Offline arw01

What specifically do I need to change in LSP to talk to my controllers via the ED instead of USB with the Dongle?  not read up on the E1.31 controller in there at all.  I just pick a Pixel net out and drag it over.

Alan

Offline urthegman

Right click on the controller, click configure controller, instead of DMX Pro Lynx, select e1.31 DMX ethernet option. Go to options tab, click configure outputs, remove DMX pro that is configured, configure E1.31 output.

Offline Christmasaddict

OK, I have configured each of my 3 controllers to "E1.31 DMX over Ethernet".  I have configured the output to "E1.31 DMX output" and loaded the default settings for the Lynx Etherdongle.  When I try to test my controllers I get a pop up box saying "DMX USB Pro Device Settings" and asking me to select a Com port and Com Speed.  However there is no com port available to select I assume since I am not using a com port.  I am at a dead end.  Thanks for any help.

Offline arw01

I think I am about 1 day behind you, still another hour or 2 of soldering yet on my etherdongle.  Now I don't recall if I need to program it, have to go look in the co-op thread.

Offline keitha43

I would try changing the controllers again and the output. Then "Optimize" the sequence. Then save it before trying to test it. Sometimes if you don't optimize it doesn't recognize changes to a sequence.

Offline Christmasaddict

Christmasaddict here again.  I tried using my Scheduler and got the following messge: "The following protocols are not configured:  Protocol E131 Zone 1 and Protocol DMX Pro Zone 1.  This ties in to my post above about LSP continuing to ask me to set up a DMX output when I am using the Etherdongle.  Still at a dead end.

Offline Christmasaddict

Thanks Keitha43.  I tried what you suggested but it is still asking me to select a com port.

Offline keitha43

The new scheduler also needs the output set up. Your sequence must have the DMX still set up in it. Make sure to set each controller to e1.31 and not Pixelnet or DMX. As well as the output in the "options" area.

Offline keitha43

You might also post on the LSP forum on there website. There you can post a zipped version of your sequence so someone can load it to look at it. Or sometimes they can remote into your computer to look at it.

Offline Christmasaddict

Thanks.  I did post there as well however I have usually found more help here.  For some reason sometimes I am denied permission to post even though I am a registered user. 

Offline zwiller

Maybe post a copy of the file renamed to .txt and we can check it out.  That or throw up a drop box link.   Guess I was lucky but I found setting things up a snap in LSP.

Maybe a dmx controller is hidden in layer? 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

+1 on hidden in layers.  I have to, several times while sequencing, turn layer view on and back off to see ALL my controllers.

So if I follow this correctly for my situation, since i run a pair of active hubs with the dmx out, that I don't need to set any LSP controllers to DMX since the active hubs will output universe 1 (that's what i have my shunts on) regardless of how the hub got the signal.  e.g. via pixelnet.  and I can have SSC's in that 1-512 range dmx no problem as well.

Alan

Offline Christmasaddict

Making a little progress.  Discovered that there was a "copy" of controller 1 that I was unaware of.  Of course it was not set up correctly.  I removed it from the sequence and now I can playback with the output enabled but still am not getting anything at the controller.  I also noticed the datalink light on the LE is not on.  It is plugged in as well as the Etherdongle. 

Offline keitha43

Is the LE connected to a smarthub DMX output jack? If so the jumpers on the smarthub must be set to "1" for channels 1-512 which is the first universe assuming your LE was programmed for a start channel within that range.

Offline zwiller

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
+1 on hidden in layers.  I have to, several times while sequencing, turn layer view on and back off to see ALL my controllers.

So if I follow this correctly for my situation, since i run a pair of active hubs with the dmx out, that I don't need to set any LSP controllers to DMX since the active hubs will output universe 1 (that's what i have my shunts on) regardless of how the hub got the signal.  e.g. via pixelnet.  and I can have SSC's in that 1-512 range dmx no problem as well.

Alan

Yes that you don't need dmx setup in LSP and yes you can have SSCs on that range so long you are not the same channels for both dmx and pixelnet. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."