Author Topic: what to change in LSP to start using the Etherdongle vs USB?  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Reply to Keitha43:  I do not have a smarthub attached.  Do I need one?  I didn't use one last year with the Etherdongle.

Offline caretaker

If your Etherdongle is flashed with the DMX firmware You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login then you don't need a smart hub.  Check your MAGjack on your etherdongle and make sure the yellow lights flashes when you send output from LSP.  I am attaching a PDF I have of setting up E131 in LSP,  some of it won't apply to you (smart string stuff) the rest will.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Reply to Keitha43:  I do not have a smarthub attached.  Do I need one?  I didn't use one last year with the Etherdongle.
Jeff Squires

Offline keitha43

Assuming you are using the DMX firmware, you did make sure the jack with the status lights is connected to the computer and the one without the lights is going to the LE? I have seen this before myself? Does Windows show an unidentified network. Are you going straight from the computer to etherdongle?

Offline Christmasaddict

I'm back.  Yes the status lights are working. No I don't have the cable going directly to the computer.  Last year I plugged it into my router however as I have mentioned I have a new computer this year.  Should I plug it straight into the computer?

Offline Christmasaddict

In addition the Etherdongle (I assume) shows up on my network settings as "Lightshow Pro playback service"??

Offline caretaker

Actually the Etherdongle will not show up in your Network settings the Lighshow Pro playback service is part of Lightshow pro.

In addition the Etherdongle (I assume) shows up on my network settings as "Lightshow Pro playback service"??
Jeff Squires

Offline keitha43

Mine usually shows up as an unidentified network. It depends on the version of Windows.

Offline zwiller

+1
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Can you take a screen shot of your output config? Make sure that the outputs are checked! should look something like this.

Offline Christmasaddict

Attached is a screenshot of my output configuration.

Offline Christmasaddict

I forgot to mention that when I go to my scheduler I get the following message and I don't know what to do to correct it:

Offline arw01

Go through each and every one of your controllers and configure their output.  Make sure you check with no layer filters, scroll through them, shrink them out, etc.  My guess is there is at least one controller that it's outputs have not explicitly been configured completely.

Offline Christmasaddict

Thank you to everyone for their willingness to help.  I now have output although one of my LE's is not working properly.  Will post that on another forum.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
I see your machine has wireless.  You might want to disable that during testing.  You might have the wrong network adaptor selected in your setup, but disabling wireless will help simplify the problem. 

Here is a document I put together to show how to setup PixelNet using LSP 2.0.  Its a little out of date, but should help.

Also, you can use the following tool You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  This will allow to verify LSP is outputting E1.31 correctly.  On the Etherdongle, when it is receiving input from LSP, the yellow light will be flashing rapidly.