Author Topic: No output from Etherdongle  (Read 2030 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

No output from Etherdongle
« on: November 22, 2013, »
I successfully used an Etherdongle with last years show albeit with an old, slow computer.  I have just upgraded to a new PC running Windows 8.  Can someone refresh my memory as to what I need to do as far as setting up my computer to recognize the Etherdongle?  I am running Light Show Pro and using Lynx Express controllers but getting no output.  I went to the Wiki but was unable to find any setup information.  What am I missing?

Offline urthegman

Re: No output from Etherdongle
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, »
You probably have your outputs and controllers configured/set up for DMX Pro/Lynx. You have to configure each controller for E1.31DMX via ethernet. And When you go to configure outputs remove the DMX pro and configure the output for E1.31 DMX.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, »
OK, I have configured each of my 3 controllers to "E1.31 DMX over Ethernet".  I have configured the output to "E1.31 DMX output" and loaded the default settings for the Lynx Etherdongle.  When I try to test my controllers I get a pop up box saying "DMX USB Pro Device Settings" and asking me to select a Com port and Com Speed.  However there is no com port available to select I assume since I am not using a com port.  I am at a dead end.  Thanks for any help.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, »
Check and make sure that you have removed the USB dongle from the configuration.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, »
Yes it was removed.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, »
Are you using a profile and if so, did you rempve it at the profile level.  The fact that it still see's it and is looking for you to fully define it indictes that there is still a reference to it somewhere.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, »
I hate to admit it but I'm not sure how to check for a profile. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, »
i don't use LSP but I would think that your best bet would be to post that question and a description of this problem in the LSP forum where you will get the best chance for a valid answer.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, »
Thanks.  I have already done just what you suggested.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, »
Thanks to all for their willingness to help.  I now have output however I do have a problem with one of my LE units but that is for another forum.