Author Topic: v4 Programming start channel  (Read 848 times)

Offline mitch09

v4 Programming start channel
« on: November 22, 2013, »
I am having some issues programming several of my v4 & v3(modded from v1). My current setup is laptop->ETD->Active Hub->SSC. I have flashed all the pics with the firmware from the wiki.
 I successfully ran 8 SSC v1 and v3(modded from v1) last year. This year I am trying to update all my SSC to v4 as I purchesed 22 in the last coop. I am unable to program start channels on about half of my v4 SSC and all of my v3 from last year. I am using the utility that has "grouping" which I believe is the utility for the v4(found in the wiki under the v4)

I am able to program any SSC v1 I still have with this setup using the older Smart String Utility. I have tried uninstalling the Utility as well as reinstalling the Utility and it doesn't seem to matter. I even tried a different laptop. Since I can program my original v1 SSC it makes me think it is a software problem. Is anyone else having the same issues?

Offline tbone321

Re: v4 Programming start channel
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, »
First of all, a ver 3 is NOT a ver 4 and the firmware is NOT interchangeable.  If you installed ver4 firmware on your ver 3 units, it will not work.  Make sure that you are not using the Zeus configuration utility to set them up.  The firmware for the ver3 and ver4 SSc's has not been updated to work with the new color combinations and using it will lock up the controller.  If you are using the 3 pin waterproof connectors to connect the nodes to the controllers, run a continuity test on the leads of the connectors.  A bad batch of these connectors has been released with bad wires and you may have a few.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline mitch09

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, »
Thanks Tbone. I am not using the same firmware for v3 and v4. Also not using the Zeus utility as I haven't downloaded it yet. But I will check the 3-pin continuity when I get home today. A bad batch would explain why some are working and some aren't. I hope that is the answer.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, »
Bad connectors gets my vote too. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."