Author Topic: Power line - 2 Aethers  (Read 1560 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Power line - 2 Aethers
« on: November 23, 2013, »
So this is my last minute add :). I wasn't completely happy with my coverage on my garage after my Halloween show so I decided to move my Aethers around for Christmas.  Now because of this one location I only have one power line from my transformer (long story but ran my line permanently through the attic) and I don't have the time to run another right now, I will next year.  Is there a way to power both Aethers from this one line?  My transformer is large enough. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: Power line - 2 Aethers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, »
I would think you could. I run 2 Aethers on the same line.  You need to make sure you keep them as parallel circuits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, »
it depends on the power output of the transformer.  I have a dedicated 200W units and I place 4 aether2s on each one.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, »
I would think you could. I run 2 Aethers on the same line.  You need to make sure you keep them as parallel circuits.

Parallel circuit?

don't they hook up just like the landscaping lights do?  Does one have to worry about polarity on them?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, »
Yes they do and landscpe lights also hook up in a "parallel circuit".  There is no need to worry about polarity with these being low voltage AC.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, »
Thanks everyone, got it going.  Asked because my first try I got nothing out of both of them (they do work by themselves).  Changed the connections around on the wires and blamo they are working now.

Thanks!