Author Topic: Something lose perhaps???? Strange issue with lights  (Read 1403 times)

Offline tallan

• Christmas with the Allans
OK so after flashing the PIC's everything seemed to work great except a strange issue I am now having.

I am using the flex strip and just attached the wires that are already on it to the Zeus, it measured 20 inches.
It looks alright for the most part but then starts flickering and lagging.

So I checked Solder joints, PIC's seated well, tried another channel, tried other flex strip, tried another cat 5 cable and to me everything looks alright. On one channel though when I power up it lights the whole string turns on white for what that is worth and at the end of a sequence sometimes they stay lit.

Any ideas as to what I might be missing or what else I could check?

here is a video of the issue.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Video.

Thanks
Ted

Offline tbone321

Re: Something lose perhaps???? Strange issue with lights
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, »
Try a different flex strip on that port and see if it is doing the same thing.  It could be the flex strip itself that is causing these issues.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tallan

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, »
Hello,

Well I tried another flex strip and it did the same thing. Then I hooked it to the Zeus channel next to it where both are programmed to channel 2208 in the sequence and both had the same behavior so I'm thinking perhaps a communication issue of some kind perhaps? The strange thing though is that I run to the active hub from the Zeus and it works great.

I tried it with the active hub first and several other things and still get the same results. Anything else I could try as I am at the point now where I don't know what else to do.

Thanks
Ted

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, »
Try changing the start channel. Like Channel 1 to see if its a address range issue.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tallan

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Try changing the start channel. Like Channel 1 to see if its a address range issue.

Rick R.

Rick, You rock!!!!

Yep I programmed (ALL) on the Zeus starting at channel 1 then went back and touched channel 3 and 4 and set them to what I wanted and it worked perfectly!

Thanks again!
Ted