Author Topic: Using LOR sequences to run Xlights Show  (Read 1360 times)

Offline dougd

Using LOR sequences to run Xlights Show
« on: November 24, 2013, »
Did a bit of searching and never could find the exact answer. I have 4 LOR controllers and 7 various e1.31 devices for a total of 44 universes. The sequences have a total of 18,400 channels. I have about 80 sequences. I am debating whether to run my show though xlights this year.

If I decide to do this, is it just a matter of setting up all my devices in the setup tab, converting all my sequences to xlights sequences.

I know I would also need to setup a schedule, that part I understand.

Thanks
Doug

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Using LOR sequences to run Xlights Show
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, »
Pretty sure xlights can do this and yes it's mainly the setup tab to map everything out .  Xlights can do this, but is all your sequencing already done?   Xlights is a solid show scheduler
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dougd

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, »
Yes, sequencing is done. Was testing the show tonight and am seeing some hiccups out of the show player. I tested with xlights a year or so ago and it was quite different then. It looks like its much easier to run LOR sequences since now you can convert them.

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes, sequencing is done. Was testing the show tonight and am seeing some hiccups out of the show player. I tested with xlights a year or so ago and it was quite different then. It looks like its much easier to run LOR sequences since now you can convert them.

the latest ver 3.2.9 has a new feature from matt brown.
you do not need to go to the convert tab, just go directly to the nutcracker tab. now click the open button. the second choice is to open a lms file and convert it into xlights *.xseq. it saves a step.

further matt will create timing marks from your lms file for you. this means you may not have to use the audacity program. i have not tried it so dont know how it works exactly.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dougd

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, »
Tried to do a conversion and apperently I cant have LOR controllers and a Universe 1? Got quite a few errors saying they were mapped to the same channel. All of my errors have to do with my LOR channels and universe 1.