Author Topic: Etherdongle / PICkit3 program issues  (Read 1519 times)

Offline txburr

Etherdongle / PICkit3 program issues
« on: November 24, 2013, »
Does anyone have the updated link for the known working PICkit3 software that is working with either Win 7 or Win 8.1?

I have been trying to load the DMX firmware back onto my etherdongle and not having much luck.

If I use the 1.0.0.0 version, it will not discover the PICkit device and simply locks up with a "PICkit 3 not connected" and a "Microsoft .NET Framework" error (see image: capture1) I have attempted several new and older versions of .NET but have had no luck

I have also loaded PICkit3 V3.00.00 and with this I have been able to get the PICkit3 to connect and find the correct chip set for the etherdongle. I am able to erase the chip, and write the .hex file to the chip or so it says. (see image: capture3) Capture4 is what I get when I do a read of the chip

After programming, when I plug in lights, they go out like I have a DMX signal, but I do not get any light control.   I have another etherdongle that I have used (programmed before on my PC) to verify my software is providing light output.   Any help to my issue would be great!

Offline txburr

Re: Etherdongle / PICkit3 program issues
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, »
Forgot to mention that this etherdongle was working great with the pixelnet firmware loaded onto it.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, »
The PICkit3 1.0.0.0 version is found in the wiki:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you are having problems, chances are its a usb cable or the soldering/PIC in your kit. 

exit from the pickit software, look in the task manager for any pickit processes -- reboot if you see them.
reconnect the usb cable to your programmer.
start the software again.
attach the programmer to the board using the 6-pin connector.
program.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline txburr

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, »
Thanks Steve, but this does not help as I'm not able to get PICkit V1 to work.  I know it not my cable and I know it's not anything on the board. It has been working great with pixelnet on it.  I'm not able to load anything with version 1. 

Offline mitch09

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, »
Here is the version I have used on Windows 8.1 to program my SSC