Author Topic: Conductor will not connect.  (Read 15710 times)

Offline sittinguphigh

Conductor will not connect.
« on: November 24, 2013, »
On my conductor I have a test program from early this year.
I want to test the conductor and a new string on lights.
The conductor will not connect.
What you don't know. Can hurt you.

Offline sebjsan

• Sebastian from California
Re: Conductor will not connect.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, »
Update to newest firmware and download new control panel. Dont forget to use ogg files instead of mp3

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sebastian from California

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, »
Has this has been a problem? It work earlier this year.
I was wondering if I missed something?
I think programming the ehterdongle first and test it out should be the first set.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, by sittinguphigh »

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, »
Do you have the etherdongle or conductor firmware on your conductor?  It needs to be flashed with the conductor firmware to work.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, »
Do you have another Kingston flash drive since I see it at the bottom of your screen shot? Remember you use the utility with a usb cable to create your password and copy your files and create your show and schedule on the flash card via a reader. Then you close down the utility and remove the flash card and put it in the conductor and hook it up via a network cable and run the utility. That looks like a screenshot of when you are hooked up via usb since I can see the flash drive and the computer time info is not populated.

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, »
I'm using RGB lights with a etherdongle/conductor threw the Cat 5e Ethernet Cable.
I'm trying to do a test with the conductor. If I have sequence in the flash drive shouldn't it connect.
From earlier this year I have a test sequence in the flash drive.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2013, »
After you have copied the files onto the flash drive and used the utility to put the password and create the show and schedule while in the card reader, you then take the flash card out of the reader and insert it into the conductor and power it up. Then open the utility to talk to the conductor through the cat5 cable. Assuming you have the conductor firmware loaded on the etherdongle.

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
After you have copied the files onto the flash drive and used the utility to put the password and create the show and schedule while in the card reader, you then take the flash card out of the reader and insert it into the conductor and power it up. Then open the utility to talk to the conductor through the cat5 cable. Assuming you have the conductor firmware loaded on the etherdongle.

I open up the conductor control panel if I have a sequence in the flash drive it should connect. Correct.
If I open the conductor panel up without a password should it connect?
What is the conductor telling me if it will no connect?

This is what is on the flash drive.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, »
Have you update to the new firmware and utility this year? I see you have an mp3 file and the new version only works with ogg files. So you should not have been able to create a musical show with the mp3 file. Once you have created all the necessary files on the flash card it must be installed into the conductor before the conductor will boot up. You can't open the utility until the flash card is installed into the conductor and it is powered up for it to connect.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, »
Here's how I set mine up:

Firstly, the Etherdongle/Conductor doesn't need to be connected via Ethernet to an Access Point/ Router, you only need this if you want to connect to the Etherdongle/Conductor remotely from an Android device or via a PC .

The conductor gets installed on top of the Etherdongle and the latest Firmware flashed onto the Etherdongle. Format your flash card with the correct setting.Set up your sequences, music, password, shows and schedule on the flash card by setting it up locally on your PC via the USB to flash card adapter.
Then insert the card into the conductor flash card slot.

Connect the Etherdongle with the conductor via hard wired ethernet to a router, make sure that the router is set up correctly (check firewall settings and that it support multicast and that the radio WLAN is set up with the correct name), you need to name the SSID name that the router will broadcast, I just set the SSID name as say "Wireless LAN" and set up the Wireless password (see below).
There are different security types for Wireless Access, I personally use WPA2-Personal and set the encryption to TKIP
e.g to do this open up your network connections and right click on your wireless connection and select properties, you will need to set up:
1. Security - WPA2-Personal
2. Encryption - TKIP
3. Network Security Key - "This is a pass phrase" so you could type something you can remember like "thelazybrownfox"

Power up the Etherdongle and Conductor.

You can also connect to the Etherdongle/Condutor via a PC, but you use a different application located
here -> You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After installing the App, go to the Wireless settings on your PC and connect to the Wireless router (look for the name of the Access Point e.g the SSID name you set up above, e.g it would be Wireless Lan as describe above) and use the same password and security that you set up on your router (it will need to be the same security setting, e.g. something like  WPA OR WPA2 etc).

This will then allow you to be connected to the same wireless network that the router is providing. This wireless router is connected to the Etherdongle/Conductor via the Ethernet Cable.

Fire up the Conductor control panel on yout PC. It will ask for the password that you set up on your Flash card, type in that password.

And viola, you will be connected to the Etherdongle/conductor.

It will probably report the Conductor Status as waiting, so if your schedule is set to start as say 7pm, and it's 3pm, it will report Conductor Status as "waiting"

You can't change the show, schedule or sequences or music on the flash card, but if it's in waiting status, you can manually play the show ONCE though by selecting the show on the card and click play.

Once the show starts at say 7pm, you can stop the show, and you can also see what sequence is playing, how far it's played of the current show and sequence, you can also set the volume of the left and right hand channels, sync PC and conductor time etc.

That's about it.

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, »
I don't see the *.sch file (Schedule file) on the CF card.  You will also need to schedule a show to run via the CP Utility and thus it will create the *.sch file.   This file is also needed before the Conductor will "connect".

Denny

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, »
I'm is testing mode. I'm all over the map here.  What program do I use to program the flash card for scheduling?
It looks like I'm missing that in the flash card.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, »
You use the same utility assuming you are using the one posted for 2013 firmware. Put the flashcard in a usb flashcard reader and format the card as per the instructions included with the firmware. Copy your .seq and .ogg files to it. Then use the utility to set up your password and create a show and then a schedule. Then remove the card from the reader and close the utility. Put the card in the Conductor and plug in your network cable and power the conductor up. Then open the same utility and it should see the Conductor if nothing is wrong. The files are found here - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, by keitha43 »

Offline sittinguphigh

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, »
What utility?
Will the test program work with new firmware?
 Do I have to redo the flash card?
I use Google chrome. Do I have to use internet Explorer.
Were's the instruction on how to do firmware? Been a while?
I have a pickit3.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, by sittinguphigh »

Offline keitha43

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, »
All the programs, instruction manual, and firmware files are in the first post here- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Read through the thread and instruction manual and you will understand.