Author Topic: BOM  (Read 14168 times)

Offline abell

BOM
« on: April 20, 2009, »
Can we get a BOM for the all the Wireless stuff, so I can start ordering some on my own?

Adam

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: BOM
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, »
Not until the beta testers put the wireless through it paces. Need to check it all works before people buy parts that may or may not be in the final product.

I don't believe they have gotten their pcbs yet.

As soon as the testing is done a parts list will be posted.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline scorpia

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, »
Any word on how the testing is going?

i would like to place a mouser order for my express stuff in the next few days (hopefully once the stock comes in) and i would like to order at least the major bits for the wireless. i dont mind missing a few minor parts as they can be picked up local.

is there any chance of a BOM (partial?) being available say by the end of the week. i would really like to avoid the extra $45ish in shipping if i can.

i guess im mainly trying to get a timeframe to see if its worth holding off on my express stuff .

Peter

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, »
Any word on how the testing is going?

i would like to place a mouser order for my express stuff in the next few days (hopefully once the stock comes in) and i would like to order at least the major bits for the wireless. i dont mind missing a few minor parts as they can be picked up local.

is there any chance of a BOM (partial?) being available say by the end of the week. i would really like to avoid the extra $45ish in shipping if i can.

i guess im mainly trying to get a timeframe to see if its worth holding off on my express stuff .

Peter

I am sorry but you will have to wait on the beta to be complete before we post a BOM for parts on it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline scorpia

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, »
so any word on how the beta testing is going?

just trying to get an idea of a timeframe thats all.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, »
They just got the PCB's Friday. I don't think anyone has any finished yet.

RJ

Offline wbe12345

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, »
JUST MY 2CENTS

Does not posting the BOM for the wireless violate rules of the coop???

Some of us would take the chance that the parts would not change.

I might get some heat but rules are rules.

wbe12345

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, »
JUST MY 2CENTS

wbe12345

By the activity of the beta guys (I am not one of them) I would think the BOM will be released soon. Of course that is RJ's call. Also just watching what is going on, if the BOM was out already people would be upset over ordering parts that were not needed or were added later. Causing you/them to have to spend more money for parts and shipping.

btw: You are correct
A bill of materials (BOM) will be posted when the coop is started and will include projected totals for price break-points (10, 25, 50, etc.), as well as the date and time when the coop's sign-up ends

The only thing that I can add is the fact that the coop was started before the beta testers received their boards and bom. I'll have to put RJ in the penalty box.

Rick R.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, »
JUST MY 2CENTS

wbe12345

Yes you are correct, I jumped the gun so we
Have two options :
I can close the coop and cancel it.
We can start it over again in about a month when the testers are done and it will run for a month so we should, with backorders of parts and ect, get the stuff around sept timeline.

Or since our rules are made by me with support of the members it is up to them. They can forgive the unintentional misstep and tell me to keep it open.

Post here to voice you opinion of what you want me to do. It does not matter any to me as I have my wireless up and running. I was trying to cut time to your hands down.

If you do not post in the next 2 days then do not complain on the outcome!

EITHER WAY YOU WILL NOT GET THE BOM UNTIL ALL TESTING IS DONE!

I am the one that has to listen to the same people grip that we changed something. (Yes I have)

RJ

Offline blearning

• Sound of Light
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, »
A newbie,

But I think we could bend the rules here because of coolness of the wireless ..

I still think RJ should be put in the penalty box, but just for stuff he has done we don't know about ...

That's is what dad would say if we over stepped and it was an honest mistake ... "then this smack is for one I missed ". *LAUGHING*

Dad never wasted a good smack ... ;_)
Merry Lightmass
Bill  AKA blearning AKA BL

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2009, »
I Vote to make a waiver of the rules for this special coop.
Please keep the coop open, I understood when I ordered on it that it was a special coop and that the product was still in Beta. I accept that not all details are known yet and I appreciate you doing everything you can to get us this product as fast as possible.
RJ and testers, please spend your time finalizing this product correctly, so that I can get the same high quality perfect design I expect from DLA.

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2009, »
I vote to keep the coop open. 
/mike

Offline b_legg

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, »
I vote to keep the coop going. Since most of the testing would be done by the time the order was actually placed, we should know if any changes need to be made.

We all went into this coop knowing the project was still in beta and should have understood that one of the risks would be issues requiring parts changes or delaying of the order. We would still be saving time by continuing this coop and taking that chance. If we have to adjust pricing, so be it. At least we know we'll be getting a product of the best quality possible.

Brian

If it ain't broke, just gimme a minute!

Offline snething

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, »
My vote is to keep the coop open.  I have faith that the BOM will be posted before the coop closes giving people the opportunity to make changes in their participation.

Scot

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, »
As a Co-Op manager I vote to keep the Co-Op's open.  ;D

Bill