• Patron Member
Re: BOM
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2009, »
Keep the coop going.

Robb

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2009, »
I'm not sure I'm going to order the parts yet from the COOP, but I did place orders for the wireless boards. I guess in a round-about way, the board design might require last minute changes also, and that could make the board price rise also, though not significantly unless it requires something like two transformers and the like. I'm surprised that the wireless PCB COOP isn't being debated in the same way. I'm counting on the parts costing about the same regardless of whether I order them myself or through the COOP.

I'm holding off right now on ordering the parts due to the money I've got obligated to what I have ordered so far...cases, LE shipping, wireless boards. It all adds up fairly quickly, so I'm hoping a later parts coop will appear after I've managed to settle what I now owe.

So, since I am probably not going to order, take my considerations with a grain of salt. If I take the risk on the PCB board, like I have done, I would also take the risk with the parts if I had the money right now. I'm saying keep it OPEN, but I would like a little more info on when it might close and whether another might open. Chances are the next parts COOP may not be as popular, much like the 4th LE COOP is doing right now, and the prices won't be as favorable.

steve

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, »
I'm all for keeping it going

Offline tombmatt

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, »
Keep it open!

Tom ;D ;D

Offline iowian

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, »
Please keep it open any jump we can get is always good for us blinky addicts.
Thanks Dennis

Offline bfenlason

« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, »
My Vote - Yes keep the Coop open!

I have a great deal of confidence in designs that have been produced by RJ.  For me it is well worth the minimal risk that an item may change.

Offline scharbon

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, »
keep it open.

Steve

Offline Randy_A

• Lockport Lights
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, »
Please keep it open, I really do not want to put conduit under my drive way...

Randy

Offline Rbar

« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, »
You don't need my vote at this point, but I agree that you should keep it open.
Rbar

Offline MtnBikeMN

« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, »
You can count my vote for keeping it going.  Definitely appreciate the effort to keep things moving and to have them done ahead of next season with some time to prepare.  Thanks!

Offline kiwichristmas

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2009, »
A little rule bending is ok, keep it open  :)

Chris

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2009, »
I vote to keep the coop open.  I am satisfied that (1) the unique circumstances associated with this COOP have been clearly articulated from the onset and (2) those who might want to participate can make an informed decision about the risks involved.   I am being a pragmatist here; but, as I see it, the greater service to the larger community is achieved by moving forward with the COOP (and getting the equipment timely to those who want it) rather than being “technically correct” by waiting until beta testing is done, posting the BOM, and re-running the COOP.  I am glad that we have a community that is concerned about fairness, doing the right thing, and doing the right thing well.  Thanks for letting us weigh in on the issue.

Best regards,
tlh

Offline wjt3

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2009, »
Keep it open. I haven't joined the wireless parts coop yet, but I am considering it. It was clearly explained that the BOM would be posted once beta testing was complete. I have confidence that any changes or modifications will be fully explained at the end of testing, and anyone wishing to withdraw will be able to do so. There is an element of risk involved in joining any of the coops. Each member factors this into every decision to join a coop. For me, the risk level is low, because I've found that DLA members and administrators want nothing more than for you to have fun and complete these projects in a timely and efficient manner...Bill

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2009, »
At this point it would seem the voting is quite skewed towards keeping the COOP open, so my vote isn't going to make much difference.

Having said that, I echo the sentiments of everyone else and say keep it open.  I, like everyone else that responded understand what the word BETA refers to in hardware and software development.  That the potential is there for changes, modifications, delays, etc., but I also understand that you need to protect yourselves from people that don't get the concept of a beta.  Fortunately I feel that adequate warnings have been issued that such changes may occur.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2009, »
We should keep the coop open. September is way too late in the season to be building and testing boards. By Sept. we should have all controllers built and tested and be deep into sequencing. October is not far off. Most of us have to start hanging lights then, to be ready for the Thanksgiving week-end light up.

A two year veterans 2 cents...

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!