Author Topic: Testing beyond 4,096 channels with 1 dongle  (Read 3226 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: Testing beyond 4,096 channels with 1 dongle
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, »
Thanks for expounding Captain!  Got it now.  So it is the same universe over each twisted pair, but since you have 4 pairs, you can have 4 universes via hub selection.  It really clicked when you said there is no logic... 

Then my testing is good.  Well kind of...  While testing I realized as you did my formula was off.  That was carried over from calculating starting channels for new elements.  No big deal, already fixed. 

THANKS
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline CaptainMurdoch

Re: Testing beyond 4,096 channels with 1 dongle
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks for expounding Captain!  Got it now.  So it is the same universe over each twisted pair, but since you have 4 pairs, you can have 4 universes via hub selection.  It really clicked when you said there is no logic... 

Glad it's clearer now. :)  I debated using a "Lily Tomlin and One RingyDingy" example to describe the process. :)

For anyone else curious, this is why you have 2 Pixelnet Universe selection jumpers on the hub and Zeus, since you are connecting/patching to both legs in the desired Universe pair.