Author Topic: excess cords on power supply  (Read 1080 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
excess cords on power supply
« on: November 25, 2013, »
can we cut the excess wires off of the power supply that we don't use? of course terminate all the ends so they don't short out, but if they are not being used it would certainly clear up some room in the battery box. the zues board is bigger than a hub and i'm looking to put two zues boards in one battery box.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: excess cords on power supply
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, »
I do not know the answer to your question, but what are you doing that requires effectively 32 SSCs in close proximity.  Just curious.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, »
You cut off extra. If you ever need it for a computer, you might regret the decision. ;-)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I do not know the answer to your question, but what are you doing that requires effectively 32 SSCs in close proximity.  Just curious.

A tall megatree could use that two easily, especially if it is using 32 strands.  You can buy modular power supplies thatave no cords sticking out of them.  They just have jacks and you plug in the power cables that you need.  I don't really see where the power cables are taking up that much space but if you cut off any of the cords, you just voided your own warranty.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, »
I am using 2 zues on a 32 strand mega tree. wasn't really thinking about the warranty part of it though. these are dedicated for the show. they will never see a PC. the more I arrange and look at it, will just go with 2 battery boxes. I bought 27 series boxes and it's still a little tight with 2 zues and 2 power supplies. scratch that idea. thanks guys
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, »
my suggestion would be to at least wait out the warranty period before modifying a power supply.

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!