Author Topic: scheduler  (Read 3122 times)

Offline kernal

scheduler
« on: November 25, 2013, »
Okie dokie...  got everything to run just fine on play back....  now when i try to schedule a show, it says "the following protocol and zones are not configured"

What does that mean?

Thx in advance!
My license plate says blinky.

Offline arw01

Re: scheduler
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, »
I have not used the schedular, but it's essentially a totally different program and you likely need to find the configuration options in there and set them again, hopefully you don't have to do each contoller.  I had a heck of a time tonight before I REALLY LOOKED at the dialogs on the sequencer and say my etherdongle setup from LSP was trying to use bluetooh instead of wireless.  It appears to be interface specific.

Alan

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, »
You need to configure them in the scheduler, even if you had done it in the sequencer.
Select the menu in the top left corner of the scheduler window (blueish circle with some kind of spiral on it, and select configure output).
Configure using the protocol you are using (E1E31 if etherdongle, pixel net/smartstring if Lynx DMX dongle) and configure each universe.
That's it.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, »
They have a virtual classroom link on the bar at the top of their website with a training video on configuring your outputs.

Offline kernal

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, »
Thx guys!  Will try tmrw!

Offline kernal

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, »
Now that i have my pc back up and running...   <fp.  I cant get the scheduler to work again.  But this time its the 2.8.  I tried clicking the menu button and adding the protocol, but it doesnt give me any options at all.  How do i add it if its not there?

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, »
One thought is to use xLights to schedule your show.  Use a utility called Elf to convert from LSP to xLights.  A little effort to convert, but very reliable.

Offline kernal

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, »
It says " no plug ins have been loaded".   I optimized the sequence and made sure all the controllers were configured.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, »
You have to configure your outputs on the scheduler program. Click on the icon in the upper left corner. They have training videos in their forum called virtual classroom.

Offline kernal

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, »
Already watched the videos back when u mentioned them, and then again just now.  But it still doesnt give me any options.  Here is a pic of the screen....

Offline keitha43

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, »
Make sure all your Windows updates are current.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, »
First I would try uninstalling both the scheduler and sequencer and deleting all minleon folders. Then make sure you have the latest builds. The links are at the top of their pages in the forum. If it still doesn't work try this-

• Issue: Dropdown in Protocol output configuration Contains no entries
 o Cause 1
 Bad or missing data in c:\program files\minleon\lightshowpro\plugins

1. Resolution 1
 After stopping the “LSP Service” you will need to restore all the subfolders. Located in c:\program files\minleon\lightshowpro\plugins
 a. Download this file: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 b. Make sure the server is Stopped
 c. Exit the scheduler
 d. Delete these three folders from c:\Program files\minleon\lightshowpro\plugins ***This folders didnt exist for me, so I had to create them***
 i. Device Interfaces
 ii. Effects
 iii. Hardware managers
 e. unzip the three folders from the downloaded link into c:\program files\minleon\lightshowpro\plugins
 f. Start the scheduler

|

Offline rmonty

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, »
Are you running Windows XP? If so, make sure that you have downloaded the latest version as it will place the protocol plugins in a different location.

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline arw01

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, »
and make sure you back up your files in my documents, just to be safe as well from the upgrading and such.

Alan

Offline kernal

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, »
YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!   Mr Kieth you are a huge help!  Got the show running on its own now.  Only downfall is it has like a 2.5 second delay (music beats to flashy)...   <fp.

Any help there?  Lol