Author Topic: Calling all LOR users  (Read 2761 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Calling all LOR users
« on: November 26, 2013, »
This is only my second year and I'm trying to remember how to set up LOR to run my LE's from a USB dongle. I have the preferences set to recognize the dongle, I have the listener open and it's connected, the data led is lit on all the LE's. When I open a sequence in the bottom right corner the little box is RED. How do I get it turn BLUE? I think that is all that is wrong. Help please.  <fp.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Calling all LOR users
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, »
Make sure you have DMX enabled and the control panel running as there is a process that runs in the background from control panel which makes DMX happen.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, »
Ok, so the control panel is open, the listener is connected, the control lights is check in the sequence but the little box in the lower right hand corner of LOR is showing red. I tried to enable the scheduler but got a com port error. Taybrynn mentioned to make sure the DMX was enabled. Where do I look for that?

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, »
Check your network preferences.  Left click on the LOR lightbulb (control panel) in the bottom left of your desktop.  Select "Network Preferences".  Under the DMX tab, you should have "lynx" set for the universe(s) that use the Lynx Dongle. 

As for having DMX enabled, from the LOR Help file on the Comm Listener:

The LOR Comm Listener is a program that runs in the background, allowing other programs (such as the Sequence Editor and the Show Player) to control DMX devices.  The Comm Listener must be running in order for those programs to control such devices.

The LOR Comm Listener is automatically started when the LOR Control Panel is started, unless DMX support is not configured (for example if the license level does not support it, or if no DMX listener port is specified in the Sequence Editor's Network Preferences dialog).  Also, it is automatically shut down when the LOR Control Panel is shut down.  So, to make sure that you can control your DMX devices, make sure that the LOR Control Panel is running.

Hope that helps.

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, »
What version of LOR are you using? In my case I am using 3.10.6 advanced. Under the play tab in the sequence editor I have to make sure I have control lights, control Holiday light designer, and I also have to have control visualizer checked. if you set your network preferences in sequence editor you will have to close out the sequence editor then reopen it for the changes to your networks to take effect.  The only time the light bulb should be blue is when you have a show enabled, it will not effect the LE from working while using sequence editor. Is the data light on the LE flashing or a steady on ? you also may want to check and make sure that your DMX universe matches your channel settings in sequence editor if using universe 1 make sure in net work preferences it is the same ( made that easy mistake myself many times )

Richard

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, »
Ok, not sure what I did but the lights are blinking! I believe it was the protocol set for RAW DMX instead of Lynx.

NOW I can't enable the show!! When I go into the control panel I click on Enable Show and I get the following error:

"Shows cannot be enabled because of an error.open of the serial port has failed" Error (8002) comport error.

It was set for comport 1 and I changed it to comport 2 to see if it made a difference. Unfortunately changing comports wasn't the answer.

Any suggestions?

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, »
I'm a video kind of person.  Here is one video.  I know there are more.  Just set the device to lynx if that is what you have.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, »
Thanks All, the show is up and running. I had two issues, first was the protocol not set to Lynx and second was that I was changing the comport in the sequence and not in the hardware. With the help of my boys I remembered that the show computer had a problem sometime this last year and we had to wipe it clean and start over. So I had to reset all the settings.

Now I just need to replace all the burnt out incandescent light bulbs!!  <md..

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, »
Glad to hear it is up and running