Author Topic: Light Output Stops  (Read 16327 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Light Output Stops
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2013, »
I've tried two cards now.  I'm going to place my Halloween sequences back on it and see how it goes since those ran fine on the old firmware.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, »
So I may be making head way.  Was out and about shopping so I said why not just get a third card and try another one just to rule out the chance of having bad blocks/sectors on two cards.  Ran through the show twice now and it hasn't had the issue.  Going to try a schedule now and let it run for a hour or so and see if it comes back.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, »
did you format the original card before putting your files on it?  I think it had to be formatted before you made changes to it. (like adding stuff)
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2013, »
Plenty of times, I can format in my sleep :) 

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2013, »
any updates?

I really think my conductor problem is my cf

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2013, »
Its running right now from a schedule start and so far I haven't seen it stop in the 15 mins I've been watching it.  Ill update again here before I go to bed.

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, »
twooly,

Anything you find out, please post. Mine is doing the same thing. I have checked and rechecked and all seems good. I only seem to lose one light sequence each night, music plays, but no lights. Next sequence, all runs great.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, »
I can't say for sure since I've done/tried lots of stuff with 3 different conductors.  What it looks like to me is that we are not past the problem if there is a bad memory flagged on the card and when the conductor tries to read in that bad spot it stops output until it's reset with the next sequence.  All I can say is try more cards and from my tests it looks like you should still be formatting/starting over every time you want to make a change on the card.

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, »
I'll try that and let you know how I make out. Other then that, the conductor and other equipment is working great. Just lost one sequence lights (random) last 2 nights. Tonight seems ok.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, »
So I let it run tonight inside and I watched it through the show 3 times and it didn't have the issue.  I'm going to setup for an actual show but keep it inside another night and see how it runs tomorrow on my test setup.  Another card so far seems to be the trick and doing the formatting whenever I need to change things.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2013, »
Spoke too soon looks like its back and I haven't touched a thing with my test setup inside, doing the exact same thing only doesn't seem to do it as much.

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2013, »
Did some observation and I had one sequence that the conductor was stopping or skipping or just playing the music. Reformatted flash card, reloaded and had same results. Reworked sequence in LSP and exported it to conductor. Problem solved. The problem is not in the hardware, it was a glitch in the sequence somewhere.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2013, »
Did some observation and I had one sequence that the conductor was stopping or skipping or just playing the music. Reformatted flash card, reloaded and had same results. Reworked sequence in LSP and exported it to conductor. Problem solved. The problem is not in the hardware, it was a glitch in the sequence somewhere.

Its happened on every single sequence and the fact that the sequence can play fine other times makes it really odd.  My thought its the filesystem itself,how its read, or that it can't read fast enough.  Thats my 2 cents worth.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2013, »
Reworked sequence in LSP and exported it to conductor.

To add I'm willing to try things as you can tell.  Can you tell me what reworked means/what you did?  I'm a LSP user myself also.

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2013, »
sent PM
Tom
Humble, Texas