Author Topic: Light Output Stops  (Read 16267 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Re: Light Output Stops
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
sent PM

Thanks Tom, I've got a couple ideas now.  Ill report back

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2013, »
Hope I have helped
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2013, »
I think you will find it is not a matter of keeping up reading. The system reads the same amount at the same rate at all times. No matter whats in your show. Could you be using excessive quality level in you audio file?

The beta guys really worked the system over. We felt it was solid so not sure what is given you the issues.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, »
I think you will find it is not a matter of keeping up reading. The system reads the same amount at the same rate at all times. No matter whats in your show. Could you be using excessive quality level in you audio file?

The beta guys really worked the system over. We felt it was solid so not sure what is given you the issues.

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ

Tom and I were seeing the same symptoms.  After talking to Tom a little we are thinking its something in the LSP export that is sending some strange commands to the conductor thats making it fail.  What I'm not sure. 

Trust me I have one of the beta guys stumped.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, »
If you think it is something caused by LSP's conversion try the light elf tool and see if the problem disappears.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, »
If you think it is something caused by LSP's conversion try the light elf tool and see if the problem disappears.

Yep I'm doing that.  I'm also going to change the sequences just enough that it makes them new files vs just reexporting because I've done that plenty of times now with the same results.

Offline arw01

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, »
What about going from a light elf conversion?  I am not home but think I saw one of them went to conductor directly and you can eliminate one possible source of the errors.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline tomwb301

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2013, »
After a little rework of the sequences and a export to conductor my problem is gone. It must have been something in LSP or even my computer. Not sure what though.

Both LSP and Lynx are great products. As complex as each of these products are, I am glad it all works. Most of the problems encountered are usually user / builder error. It's just a matter of working things through, that's why we share on this forum.
Tom
Humble, Texas

Offline arw01

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2013, »
So what kinds of tweaks in LSP did you do?  Can you go back to your prior file that exported with issues and just try the light elf export and see if it goes away as well?

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, »
Doing just an export with light elft does not fix the issue, still happens.  Guess next I have to tweak something in each sequence to try that.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2013, »
I posted on LSP's site to see if I can get help over there.

Offline arw01

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2013, »
Did the log from the light elf conversion show anything interesting?

Alan

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2013, »
Did the log from the light elf conversion show anything interesting?

Alan

Nope just the normal extact/periods/controller names.

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2013, »
There is very little chance that the conversion itself is the source of the problem. If the sequence works once, the conversion was successful and the data in the file is correct. RJ posted the file format of that data stream a year and a half ago, and it is very straightforward. No magic numbers, no gap, just a stream of 0s and 1s that are read from the file and sent to the pixelnet 'network'.
My setup has been working for the past 10 days, is ON 24/7 (but only 'broadcasting from 6pm to 10pm) and had not failed once. I said 'had' because last night it showed the exact same symptoms than yours. First time around 7.30pm, I noticed than the yard was dark, but I could still hear the song being played in my office where I have a radio tuned to my radio channel. I ran outside, checked the first hub, the one connected to the conductor, checked the second one and so forth. All had power and I couldn't see anything wrong. Went back inside, switched the pixelnet cable from the conductor to a etherdongle I have there, launched a playback in LSP and the lights were all working fine. The song on the conductor had changed at that point, and when I reconnected the hub to the conductor, the show was playing correctly. About 2 hours later, the same thing happened. I didn't touch anything that time, and everything came back to normal when it went to the next song. That second failure happened on a different song.
It might be the case that this happened in the past, but I had not seen it up until yesterday.
This is a new conductor that was built this season, and the memory card I am using is not the one coming with a coop, as I could not find it locally. It is a 16Gb CF card, speed 500x from Monster. All the files have been triple checked to be at the correct format, password, schedule and show files are present on the card, and at no time has the conductor showed any signs of problem. I was using another one last season, which wasn't mine, and the new one performed exactly like the old one.
One thing that was done earlier that day and prior to experiencing that issue, was to delete the show file and the schedule file (directly from the card) and rebuild a new set. While doing this, I noticed a 'playlist.dat' which I do not remember seeing before, and, not knowing what it was, I didn't touch it.
What type of CF card are you using, and does anyone know what the expected behavior when the conductor encounters an error in the middle of streaming a .seq file?
Another question, for RJ if he is available, is there a way to set the default output volume value to something else than 214 and have it stick? 214 ends up being extremely low with my conductor, and unless I set it at 254 I can barely hear anything (with the FM transmitter or a headphone directly plugged in the conductor). That isn't too much of a problem to have to set it manually at 254, but the annoying thing is that, when the CPP is relaunched, it always default to 214, regardless of what the previous setting was.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2013, »
Interesting on the volume issue. As I remeber this was a bug that was addressed in the beta and fixed, then tested by the beta guys. It should save your volume setting in the conductor and when the conductor communicates to the CPP it should display the volume correctly.

As far as the quiting It is strange that it would work for 10 days then begin this. When it plays a seq and music file the system works exactly the same time after time. It is a fixed work load device so if it ever plays it should be able to continue to do it everytime. It is clear we will need to research this with the help of those that have seen it in their shows.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying