Author Topic: Minleon Deal for our members  (Read 5581 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: Minleon Deal for our members
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2014, »
Typically in an LE Coop, you can pick the board and BOM up for around $70 at most.  Case is around $15, plus the cost of shipping plus the cost of the cords to attach to the LE.  The shipping and cords negate themselves since Minleon would charge for shipping and you still provide your own cords.  So DIY = ~$85 vx. Minleon at $159.  Course, you also have the fun of soldering and possibly  making mistakes with the DIY route, but that's half the fun of this hobby for me!  Hope that helps!

Duane

Offline poolprousa

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Typically in an LE Coop, you can pick the board and BOM up for around $70 at most.  Case is around $15, plus the cost of shipping plus the cost of the cords to attach to the LE.  The shipping and cords negate themselves since Minleon would charge for shipping and you still provide your own cords.  So DIY = ~$85 vx. Minleon at $159.  Course, you also have the fun of soldering and possibly  making mistakes with the DIY route, but that's half the fun of this hobby for me!  Hope that helps!

Duane

Thanks, it does.  Because of the tremors in my right hand/arm, I am now 99% left-handed, so not too sure about solderiing critical components...sure wish I could!

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2014, »
It looks like Minleon has the Express prebuilt board (no case or leads) on sale for $109.  Might be an excellent buy, especially if you are thinking that you might need a controller in any type of public/commercial display or you just don't feel like building one yourself.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2014, »
And another drop to $99 at this rate they may end up cheaper than the coop (just kidding)  :)

Luceat lux vestra

Offline MSL

• So many lights, so little time!
    • 26streetlights
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2014, »
The $99.00 gets you the assembled board and 16 pigtails. Case is 25.00. You can have a commercial controller for with the case and pigtails for $143.62 shipped (shipping was $19.62).

The shipping seems a little high when you first look at it but if you figure what shipping is on the coops, what you pay to get the cases shipped and, if you buy the pigtails shipped, it is about what you are paying them to drop ship it to you.

Unfortunately for them I like to (and still am able too) build my own equipment.

For someone looking for a mostly assembled controller it looks like a deal.

MSL
Holiday Lights in Plantation, Florida

Over 20,000 LED and RGB lights. We currently are running 3020 channels (320 Lynx Express / 2700 RGB Zeus and Smart String channels / 3 Aethers II).

Our show can be seen on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2014, »
I really, really looked at doing that too.  But in the end I figured I could get 3 le's for the price of two if I soldered them myself and I like several here, enjoy building them as much as using them.

Alan

Offline poolprousa

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2014, »
I just popped on 2 of them...my first equipment purchase! (dear God, what am I getting myself into!)  <fp.

Shipping on 2 w/pigtails was $40  :o

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2014, »
I just popped on 2 of them...my first equipment purchase! (dear God, what am I getting myself into!)  <fp.

Shipping on 2 w/pigtails was $40  :o

One of the most addictive hobbies in the world. LOL  :) :) :)

Offline ron d

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2014, »
Still including free pigtails with controllers at $99 built and tested!