Author Topic: address utility not letting me set the channel)SOLVED)  (Read 1287 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
when I go into lynx address utility and try to choose the correct com port 2 and click update, it says " unhandled exception has occurred in your application. com port is being denied. when I pull up the utility, it was defaulting to com3, so I went into device manager and changed the com port for my dongle to match the utility and it still didn't work. I just used this utility 2 weeks ago when I built my first aether and everything worked fine. it keeps programming my second aether to channel 1 and I need it to be 204. it responds in vixen and works just fine, just on the wrong channel and the green is on 1 and no red. I am using a dongle flashed with dmx direct to aether. I ran the test firmware and all colors flash just fine. it is programming just not where I want it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: address utility not letting me set the channel
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, »
I was just able to get the second one I built to programmed  to the channel I wanted, played a test sequence and everything worked great, but now the first one I built, after flashing the pic and running the test firmware on it, won't program. it worked just fine 2 weeks ago, but tonight it wouldn't respond so I went threw and flashed the pic. swapped pics and nothing. same set up on the working aether. and I know it's getting dmx connection because I daisy chained the know working aether after the one that one program and it works fine.  <fp.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, by duane.mosley »
Florence, KY

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: address utility not letting me set the channel)SOLVED)
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, »
when I flipped the switch to program, if it went to green afterwards is when it was wrong. I wasn't doing it just right to make the led go completely out. everything is good. now. another task conquered, almost time to start sequencing! lol  well, I guess I have to finish putting it all up first.
Florence, KY