Author Topic: Help... Lights just blink  (Read 2099 times)

Offline tindivall

Help... Lights just blink
« on: November 30, 2013, »
Not sure where to post this but figured since I am working with the Zues to start here

I am a HUGE newb at this, so bare with me....   Setup etherdongle, wrote the pixelnet hex file to it... then cat5 from etherdongle to zues board.... connected power supply, connected lights... launched the LYNX Smart String V2 .... tell it program with etherdongle, device = zues, all, put in node count... transmit....

lights start blinking white really fast over and over.... click stop and they keep blinking... only way to turn off is to power down the power supply to zues board.....

is this normal? or when I hit stop shouldn't they stop?

Offline keitha43

Re: Help... Lights just blink
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, »
No that is normal.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, »
Normal, once you hit the submit and programmed.  Hit stop and power off the Zeus.  Then move the program jumper off and turn the Zeus back on.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, »
Yes

Offline tindivall

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, »
Yeah so I might have missed that whole moving program jumper etc  <fp.....   can anyone help explain that as I am not proficient and don't want to screw the board up?

do I just pull the blue tab off the area that says program?

Offline tindivall

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, »
also when I open the SS V2 for the Zues I do get an excpetion: Could not find file ......C:\....\...\...\....\DLA\Smart String Utility\1.0.0.0\config.xml

do I need to download this from somewhere?

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, »
Yeah so I might have missed that whole moving program jumper etc  <fp.....   can anyone help explain that as I am not proficient and don't want to screw the board up?

do I just pull the blue tab off the area that says program?
You can just move it so it sits on one post instead of both posts like when programming. That way you don't lose it. I don't have a Zeus so I can't help with your error.

Offline tindivall

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, »
 <wd..   Thanks for the help, the whole moving the program jumper fixed everything!!!!

Offline dearvbguru

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, »
also when I open the SS V2 for the Zues I do get an excpetion: Could not find file ......C:\....\...\...\....\DLA\Smart String Utility\1.0.0.0\config.xml

do I need to download this from somewhere?

library...software

there is two options depending on if you have v3 of ssc firmware. Install from this then rename the zeuss one so you know which one is which and then put in the same directory as the install. The one with zeuss is just the exe not the install which installs the dependencys