Author Topic: Using Test with Zues / ETD  (Read 774 times)

Offline tindivall

Using Test with Zues / ETD
« on: November 30, 2013, »
How do I setup Xlights to test my lights using etherdongle & zues board?

What I have done... hardware have cable to etherdongle (that has been programed with pickit 3 pixelnet hex)... cat5 to zues... then 1 strip of lights just to test...

(it should be noted that I can get them to light up using the lynx smart string utility v2 but can't get them to stop so could be something there)

Anyways... in Xlights I setup E1.31->Multicast->Universe 1->last channel 60

then when I got to test -> select all -> output to lights -> chase, etc...   Nothing happens... the orange light on etherdongle input is lighting up... but no output to lights?

and thoughts, hints, pointers, etc. would be helpful!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Using Test with Zues / ETD
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, »
There is a box on the top that must be clicked labeld output to lights.  If you are using the ETD, just define all 16 universes (of 512).  Then you can play with any channel number you want.  You did not say what channels you specified for the Zeus when you programmed it.  Also you state last channel = 60.  That would only be 20 nodes.  Is that what you have?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline tindivall

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, »
yeah I am just testing to try and get it to work using: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

before I start hooking up all my strips, modules etc....    so I set up 1 universe of 60nodes.... however I can not get any output to lights

I do have the check box for output selected

My concern (being that I am new) is I missed up step somewhere prior to xlights (maybe in the Zues setup)?? Do i need have anything other than the SS utility v2 installed?

Offline tindivall

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, »
So you see, you have to move the program jumper after you are done using the ss utility  <fp.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, »
Put jumper on, power up Zeus, program start channel until flashing then stop(will continue to flash), remove power from Zeus, move jumper to 1 post, power up Zeus and test away.