Author Topic: How to use floods with single-string effects...? [SOLVED]  (Read 934 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
I'd like to use arch single-string effects with my 16 floods.
I'm having difficulty coming up with a model that handles the 4-channel RGBW controller.

If I specify single line with 16 nodes, I can set the first channel but not the other channels in the string.
If I specify arches, I can define a string length of 1 and then set the channel for each string... but the single string effects don't work right... they attempt to move the effects across a single pixel -- doing this for each of the 16 floods.

I tried custom, 1 row, 16 across... but the visualizer didn't show the effects.

any ideas?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, by Steve Gase »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: How to use floods with single-string effects...?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, »
This is the same problem I have with my 3 color mini trees.   There is no way to specify that I have 16 of them.  I was going to need 48 models, but I cheated and called each one a 3 channel RGB even though they are 3 simple LED strands that are RGW.  At least I got it down to 16 models instead of 48 as long as I remember in the preview that blue is really white.   So far I am surviving, but I still cannot do a chase of those trees, at least I have not found a way to do it and still be able to show 16 mini trees in the preview. 
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: How to use floods with single-string effects...?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, »
I have a solution!

I followed up with Matt regarding an earlier request for dumb strings used for megatrees, and when I experimented with it, I found that it can also be used to address the Aether need.  Here is the definition I used -- and it appears to work well with the single string effect.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I wonder what would happen if I defined channels in multiple ways.  My mini trees each use 3 channels and I defined each of them as 3 channel RGB where B in my case is really W, but what if I also defined 16 white strings like Steve did as one 16 channel single strand model and similarly another for R and G.  I could program chases using these models, but the channels would actually be defined in more than one model.  I'll have to try it.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA