Author Topic: Question  (Read 1195 times)

Offline dudehenry3

Question
« on: November 30, 2013, »
Ok i have set up vixen to shut down at 11:00 pm . In turn shuts down the computer and shuts down the display woo hoo . My question is will it be ok for the LE to be pluged in all day and night or do you think i should un plug from wall as well ? Thank you .
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline tbone321

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, »
If you have the LE running when the show isn't then I would reccomend that you have the dongle running as well.  If there is no input to the LE, it is possible for it to pickup line noise and interpret it as a command and turn on some of your lights.  The dongle will keep sendng the last set of commands it was sent and if that happens to be all off, then that is what it will keep sending which will keep the lights off.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline dudehenry3

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, »
Thank you .
"Where ever you are going... Never take an Idiot with you, as you can always find one when you get there’’

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, »
In 7 years I have never turned off power to any controller unless I was working on it.  There is very little electricity used when the show is not running and sometimes turning them on and off can show other things up.  YMMV
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, »
I am a bit of a power bill chasing hound, I have a kill-a-watt meter and plan to employ it to see what those PC power supplies are pulling at full idle.  I'm thinking the lynx is likely very small, but will check those too.

Alan