Author Topic: Aether II build advice  (Read 2324 times)

Offline ghethco

Aether II build advice
« on: December 01, 2013, »
If you're using the cheap $15 work lights (mine are from Harbor Freight but others sell similar), be careful with the electrical box (where the AC cord attaches).  These are made of plastic that easily breaks.  In fact I would advise carefully disassembling the *entire* light before making mods.  I broke that plastic housing while drilling the holes in the casing.

Gary

Offline arw01

Re: Aether II build advice
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, »
What holes were you needing to drill besides the ones that hold the heat sink in?  You CAN get three wires, a power pair and two cat 5 through the grommet in that plastic box into the light area.  It may bulge that grommet a bit and I took a pair or needle nose pliers to that bulge to get a bit more room for stuffing wires, but they make it.

Also HF had the lights on sale for like $10.20 and then I brought my 20% off coupon as well.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, »
i think i picked up mine from walmart for about $5 or $10.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline LasVegasF250

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i think i picked up mine from walmart for about $5 or $10.

I looked today at Walmart and could not find them. I purchased them from Lowes they had the Yellow ones everyone seem to be purchasing and a Red one, that's want I got. I paid $13 each. we do have HF here but it would cost me the extra $ that I would save just to drive there.

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, »
I think the red looks nicer.  May repaint mine in the spring to blend in better than that bright safety yellow!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, »
in walmart, i cant remember if they are in the tool isle, or the lightbulb aisle.

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, »
in walmart, i cant remember if they are in the tool isle, or the lightbulb aisle.

That looks exactly like the one at harbor freight for $10.20 and then the 20% OFF coupon while they are on sale.  I am thinking I need another 2-3 aethers next year, but may try the lenses to see if that helps first.

Offline LasVegasF250

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, »
That looks exactly like the one at harbor freight for $10.20 and then the 20% OFF coupon while they are on sale.  I am thinking I need another 2-3 aethers next year, but may try the lenses to see if that helps first.

Are you looking to get a bright more focused area of light? Or is the area your trying to light seem to large for the amount of light you are getting?

I have been messing around with them (3) and find that I like the brightness of the Aether II with the 45 Degree lenses on but don't have enough of them to cover the space I need to light up.

Attached is a picture of the house and the locations of the Aether II. I will need at least 2 more next year.

Offline thestig

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, »
that house is probably a nightmare to light up with floods. Its beautiful, but the brick work washes out lights.  I wish I had those columns though. You could light up each one and do some cool things with them.

Offline arw01

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, »
The bushes too and that deep front yard.  Some rgb net lights on the bushes with the aethers behind!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 4