Author Topic: 2.8 will not run  (Read 2041 times)

Offline kernal

2.8 will not run
« on: December 01, 2013, »
Is anybody else having issues with LSP running?  Ran fine until friday when during the show, the computer tried doing an update.  And now i cant even open LSP.  Furthermore, i now can not even access the internet on that computer...  any clues? 

My wife tried to do a "repair" on the program, no go...  then she tried "restore" and that didnt even work.

Im bout to say F it and buy a new computer but i am already over the budget she gave me, and the patience fuse is almost out.... 

Any words of wisdom would be GRRRRREATLY appreciated!

Kernal
My license plate says blinky.

Offline urthegman

Re: 2.8 will not run
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, »
I would try an uninstall/reinstall and once you get it working, I would turn off any kind of internet access to the computer as well.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, »
I am also going to post over on the LSP website whether shutting down the internet is a problem on v2.8.

Offline rmonty

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, »
Have you tried rebooting your router? Are you using a network based output protocol?

Ryan

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, »
What version of windows are you running? 

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, »
Just a reminder for those using a PC to schedule their shows to disable Automatic Updates. You don't need your machine rebooting during the week and forgetting to restart the scheduler.  Been there, done that.

Offline kernal

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, »
Lol...  little late for that!  Its windows 7....  got the computer guru working on it now...  updates soon.  This ks gonna cost me a few "adult beverages " i think...  haha

Offline kernal

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, »
Well something major happened...  what i dont know.  But whatever happened, i can no longer access the internet at all, and it only opens in safe mode.time for a new computer.  Lol.  Guess the wife gets the week away likee she wanted.  Haha

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just a reminder for those using a PC to schedule their shows to disable Automatic Updates. You don't need your machine rebooting during the week and forgetting to restart the scheduler.  Been there, done that.

And another item of note is make sure you change your power settings to NOT put the computer to sleep. <fp.

Offline Robert

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, »

And another item of note is make sure you change your power settings to NOT put the computer to sleep. <fp.

Where were u yesterday? My pc went to sleep 3 min before shows end,ugh. I looked outside and my, mighty tree, was solid red. The PC must have went to sleep during a red phase in the show. Woke the PC up, turned on manual control in the scheduler and stopped the sequence. Which turned my lights off:) I then set the PC to never sleep

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, »

The scheduler itself does not need to be running if the show has been build. The service will start and it is the service that actually runs the show. The scheduler only needs to be running if you want to review the performance that is running.
Thanks
Mike

Offline kernal

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, »
Another side note....   dont schedule it to run feom dec 10 @5pm - dec 13 @1130p.   It will run nonstop!  Came home last night to a light show at 130am!  (While i was excited to see it) i went back in and figurex out to select the recurrence tab..    <fp.  Lol.  Fun times fun times!  Again thx for all the help eveeyone!