Author Topic: loss of firmware after approximately 8 hrs of being under power little help  (Read 1278 times)

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
lynx express loses firm ware
have reprogrammed twice and still not responding to show
but will when new firmware loaded
also does not respond to mode switch either when it seems to lose firmware
but still has all 3.3 and 5 volt led and communication light and controller past it is working fine
jumper set as not terminated
wireless jumper on
any ideas
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline scottmc70

• Kell Christmas Lights
My first try would be replace the PIC but hopefully so one with more experience then me will chime in.
The little lights aren't twinkling Clark
[img width= height= alt=channel count]http://www.planetchristmas.com/signatures/img/vix_48_lightgray_blue.gif[/img]

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Funny - I just had the same thing happen.  This was my first powerup in the yard this season and I had one express just go wonky with flickering and other strange things happening.  I bench tested and hooked up lights to all my expresses back in August.  I tested with both wired and wireless.  I have not looked at it yet as I just replaced it with a spare that is running perfect.  but when I powered off to reset and then repowered it, the address changed from 113 to 001.  I've never had that happen in years of use with LEs.  This unit is a V4.  It is going to sit in the re-evaluate pile until after the show is completely running.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
located a spare pic will install tomorrow and reprogram again will post results afterwords thanks for the advice

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
replaced pic now we will see show is currently running fine i believe it is fixed fingers crossed