Author Topic: Request for new "xLights" effects  (Read 1678 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Request for new "xLights" effects
« on: December 01, 2013, »
I love the coolness of the xLights test effects, the chases (spacing of 2, 3, 4, 5), the twinkle (5%, 10%, 25%, 50%), and the RGB color cycles (ABC, ABC-All, ABC-All-None)

Any chance they could be added?  ...along with the speed adjustment?  ...and maybe the addition of a reverse option?

and, maybe the background color selection... why not. :P
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline drlucas

Re: Request for new "xLights" effects
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, »
...add alternate and you got my vote (see the post just before this one!!)

:)

I'm trying Sean's suggestion right now.....in between messing around with my ALSA config on this pesky pi...
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, »
I have a lot of lights up, but not ready to run a show.  The house looked so dark, I put my mega tree and my mini trees into twinkle test mode.  I have a static show that twinkles.  Yea
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, »
Speaking of test light sequence.  I have a couple of items that just don't light up the same colors as others in test, but when I do them in LSP they are proper color.  Weird and they do it in chase or alternate..

I would be nice in testing to have ability to set say a block of 20 (insert arbitrary number) to move up at a time, I find I have to figure out a start channel on a controller occasionally even thought I have what it should be written in a spreadsheet.

Alan

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, »
I finally learned to save my channel selections after I have individually selected them for testing.  Then I can load what I want for testing without having to go thru the "painful" process of finding the sometimes hundreds or thousands of channels for a single element.  I name them as "mini trees", "mega tree", "arches", "all red", etc.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I finally learned to save my channel selections after I have individually selected them for testing.  Then I can load what I want for testing without having to go thru the "painful" process of finding the sometimes hundreds or thousands of channels for a single element.  I name them as "mini trees", "mega tree", "arches", "all red", etc.

Do tell because I was actually going to ask if there was an easier way to say select model tree channels.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, »

Do tell because I was actually going to ask if there was an easier way to say select model tree channels.

in the TEST tab click on the channels matching your model. Say channels 200-300 are your windows. afterchecking these channels you click save. give this set of channels a name like "window". Now next time you come into TEST tab use the load button. if you have defined the channel ranges of your objects you can do testing to just those.

this feature has been in xlights for years, Matt Brown wrote it. I probably should have mentioned this before.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, »
Thanks, didn't notice you could save.  I did notice a few versions back where the model names started showing and that helped a lot.  This will only help more. 

I do have a request to make it more friendly.  Making it more a tree view where you can open close a specific model/channel set.  That way you don't have to scroll all the channels of you close models up.  I'll get a screen shot to explain better.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, »
Thanks, didn't notice you could save.  I did notice a few versions back where the model names started showing and that helped a lot.  This will only help more. 

I do have a request to make it more friendly.  Making it more a tree view where you can open close a specific model/channel set.  That way you don't have to scroll all the channels of you close models up.  I'll get a screen shot to explain better.

i understand.

we will add this to next years work. it would make the test tab even better at showing your layout
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, »
Cool awesome Sean!