Author Topic: RGB vs RBG vs GBR.. etc  (Read 2050 times)

Offline tindivall

RGB vs RBG vs GBR.. etc
« on: December 03, 2013, »
When setting up the Zues with the Utility the final option you select is the color input... RGB, RBG, etc...     

How do I determine which one to use?  When I transmit they just flash white...    then when I go into Nutcracker Reds are Blue, Blue are Red... so I change it in Nutcracker to get the right colors.....

Offline Made2Rock

Re: RGB vs RBG vs GBR.. etc
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, »
When you go to program the zeus the lights will flash white. THIS IS NORMAL. For the reds and blues you need to pick a different setting. What you need to do is flip your R and B around. So if your initial use RGB you will have to use BGR. This will flip the Red and Blue. The R stands for Red, B for Blue and G for green. The trick is to get it to match the lights you have. So flip your R and B and reprogram the zeus, then test it. This should fix the problem.

Joe
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll

Offline tindivall

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, »
Right, I wasn't clear in my question (although I was in my head)... What I am wondering is if there is a way to know which setting (RGB/RBG/etc) to use prior to actually setting them up in Xlights/Nutcracker? .....

If not no big deal really because Nutcracker allows you to change the settings of the models so don't have to go back out to the SSUtility and do it... but was just curious.

Offline Made2Rock

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, »
Now you know what your setting should be from your mistake. If you can't find out from someone here on the forum or from where you got the strings you can always use trial and error. In LSP you can configure your controller then select test hardware and turn on the R, G and B individually. This will allow you to verify your settings before you go to far.

Joe
Born to Rock, but to old to Roll