Author Topic: Facebook LightShow Pro Users Group  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Nightowlz1966

• I thought I had more extension cords
    • Christmas On The Creek
Facebook LightShow Pro Users Group
« on: December 03, 2013, »
Hey Everyone
I just wanted to share a NEW but fast growing LSP users group on Facebook, if you have questions come one over and join.
If you want to share your sequences use the files tab to upload them.
I look forward to seeing the group grow even more.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, by Nightowlz1966 »
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.
I Thought I Had More Extension Cords

Offline njKeever

Re: Facebook LightShow Pro Users Group
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, »
Thanks, I just requested to join! Here's a link for others: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, »
My first Facebook group...
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, »
Joined up, thanks!

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, »
Man it is getting hard to resist getting a facebook account, might have to cave soon..

Offline Nightowlz1966

• Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, »
Hey everyone
Thanks for all the people that joined the group on facebook today, I think it is going to be a great group.
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, »
I think so too, i just hope we can keep egos and other posters away. I've had some issues on FB in other groups, and on the LSP forum, before min bought it.  So much stuff on the forum its hard to keep track of whats what... between versions and what works and what doesn't.. 

Offline Nightowlz1966

• Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, »
I think so too, i just hope we can keep egos and other posters away. I've had some issues on FB in other groups, and on the LSP forum, before min bought it.  So much stuff on the forum its hard to keep track of whats what... between versions and what works and what doesn't..

That is why the group is by invitation only and is a closed group.
[/size]As a further enhancement to the discussions on facebook, beginning next Friday evening, December 13th at 9:00 PM there will be an online meeting of members of the Light Show Pro Facebook users group.
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, »
I would assume that is EASTERN TIME, so 6 o'clock for those of us on the left coast, emphasis on left.

Offline Nightowlz1966

• Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, »
I would assume that is EASTERN TIME, so 6 o'clock for those of us on the left coast, emphasis on left.
That is correct.... We have looked at different times to have things and 9pm est on Friday's seem to be about the best choice to cover the people in the US and our Aussie neighbors. Friday night to us is Saturday afternoon to them any other time puts somebody at work or digging into Sunday family time.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, »
Hey Everyone
I just wanted to share a NEW but fast growing LSP users group on Facebook, if you have questions come one over and join.
If you want to share your sequences use the files tab to upload them.
I look forward to seeing the group grow even more.

I think multiple sources for information are great. I am however curious why questions and sequencing sharing would not be done on the LSP forum so they would be available for all LSP users?

I would also think that the LSP developers are prone to just checking the LSP site for questions rather than all the different forums that exist.
Thanks
Mike

Offline Nightowlz1966

• Christmas On The Creek
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, »

I think multiple sources for information are great. I am however curious why questions and sequencing sharing would not be done on the LSP forum so they would be available for all LSP users?

I would also think that the LSP developers are prone to just checking the LSP site for questions rather than all the different forums that exist.

Mike
LSP's Owner and Management are well aware of our Facebook group and don't have a problem with it and I think the best answer to why it was created would be the answer to this post above from

The Facebook group was created to prevent the issue of Ego's that are happening on other sites from becoming a problem. We want everyone to have a positive place to come to ask their questions about LSP and recieving positive answers  by doing it on Facebook we know the ones that get an invite and join are also active in using LSP Facebook group.
Brian Flanders
Sharpsburg Ga.

Offline arw01

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2013, »
Part of what entices me, is higher volume so answers can be gotten sooner, and more sharing.  I'd live to see a video library of effects and quick techniques.

being my first year I'm still struggling with simple stuff.  I have not yet figured out how to do the simple 1-3 1-5 type chase that nutcracker does with three clicks and a couple of slides.

Maybe I will have my wife help set me up tonight on Facebook just to have the access.

Alan

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2013, »

Mike
LSP's Owner and Management are well aware of our Facebook group and don't have a problem with it and I think the best answer to why it was created would be the answer to this post above from

The Facebook group was created to prevent the issue of Ego's that are happening on other sites from becoming a problem. We want everyone to have a positive place to come to ask their questions about LSP and recieving positive answers  by doing it on Facebook we know the ones that get an invite and join are also active in using LSP Facebook group.

Actually Dean was not aware the FB group until I talked with him today. Dean does not have to approve the FB group as it is anyone's right to start any group they wish. That being said, I was not questioning the validity of the FB group  only that I believe it best that files, tutorials and answers by the development team be kept on the LSP forum so they can be shared by the entire LSP community rather then a select group of invitees and approved applicants to the FB group.

The FB is a great way to network with other LSP users but with only approved and invited members how is that a good thing for the entire LSP community? Just out of curiosity, what are the requirements for an applicant to be approved?

I wish you the best with your new group.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike