Author Topic: Setting up a Matix  (Read 996 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
Setting up a Matix
« on: December 03, 2013, »
I'm trying to configure my layout of controllers for a matrix I have.  The Matrix will have 1568 nodes.  This means I will need two universes. 
I have allocated 512 of the first channels of Universe one to DMX.  My Matrix starts at channel 513.
When I go look at channel 4096, I find that it is the Green channel for node 1195.  Meaning the node is actually split into Universe 1 and Universe 2. 
I don't use channel 512 for DMX.  Can I renumber my matrix starting channel to 512? This would put node 1195 all in universe #1.

If this is allowable, do I need to tell PIXELNET that Channel 512 is RGB?  Or does PIXELNET only send DMX out on the channels that are actually used, upto 512?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Setting up a Matix
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, »
All DMX channels are duplicates / mirrors of the first 512 pixelnet channels.  If you send an on signal to channel 1 and you have both DMX and pixelnet hardware configured for address 1 they will both turn on.  Do not think of the first 512 as DMX only.  You can keep them that way in your mind, but you do not have to.  I reserve the first 512 for DMX but I only use about 180.  I could configure pixelnet hardware starting at 181 if I wanted to.  That should give you something to think about.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, »
Thanks.  I believe I will start my Matrix at channel 512!

Offline rm357

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, »
You have the right idea. Pixelnet is a universe of 4096. The. Etherdongle puts together 8 of the 512 channel e1.31 blocks and sends it out as one continuous stream of 4096 channels.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA