Author Topic: Dear Santa, SSC V4 Firmware Update?  (Read 1062 times)

Offline CW

Dear Santa, SSC V4 Firmware Update?
« on: November 29, 2013, »
All I want for Christmas is any color update for my SSC V4. <;d
But of coarse I need before Christmas so all the little boys and girls can view the smart string lights color correct.
I have been a good boy Santa, clean my plate, and take the garbage out. (Too many plates yesterday!)
Please, Please, Please Santa?

Yours in Blinky,

Craig in Puyallup

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Dear Santa, SSC V4 Firmware Update?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, »
It took me a bit to understand... you are asking for the FW and utility that allows RGB order to be changed... right?

chances are you have that functionality now for your particular nodes.  have you tested each of the string types in the list?  I found square to work with my Technicolor string color order.

try them all before giving up. :)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline CW

Re: Dear Santa, SSC V4 Firmware Update?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It took me a bit to understand... you are asking for the FW and utility that allows RGB order to be changed... right?

chances are you have that functionality now for your particular nodes.  have you tested each of the string types in the list?  I found square to work with my Technicolor string color order.

try them all before giving up. :)
Sorry for the slow reply.  The show setup hs consumed me the last week.
Yes, I am looking for new firmware to allow all color programming to use with the ws2811 Technicolor pixels.  I believe that it is in the works. 
When I programmed the V4's for the Technicolor pixels, I picked square modules which gave me RBG, and that is what is running now. Blue and green are switched, red is good.

Not giving up.  Plan B is to try to switch switch B & G in the sequencer or I am told by Terry that Nutcracker can switch them as well.  I was trying to appeal to RJ for an update.

I did try all the standard options for smart stings.