Author Topic: Nutcracker Xmas Song page  (Read 1271 times)

Offline tindivall

Nutcracker Xmas Song page
« on: December 04, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

When you go to this page there are the links for audacity beat track.. then to the right of that before the link to the actual song there is another .txt link... however clicking any of those .txt links take you 404 page not found error...

curious what those links are?  I was hoping they were timing break down of each song but if that was the case they would probably be in the beat track area of the table.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Nutcracker Xmas Song page
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, »
I think Sean said he wasn't updating that page anymore since the song timing was now included in the program install folder.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, »
I think Sean said he wasn't updating that page anymore since the song timing was now included in the program install folder.

Rick R.

This is correct, he's no longer updating the page and has created a songs dir in the xlights/nutcracker install.  I've talked to him about maybe going back the web route since not everyone has the up to date version to get all the songs.  I've built a web app for him, just waiting to hear back.  The web app will allow people to share their xml/xseqs along with the songs also.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, »

When you go to this page there are the links for audacity beat track.. then to the right of that before the link to the actual song there is another .txt link... however clicking any of those .txt links take you 404 page not found error...

curious what those links are?  I was hoping they were timing break down of each song but if that was the case they would probably be in the beat track area of the table.

i am not updating the web page with newest timing marks. instead i am putting them in the songs directory wherever your xlights got installed

on my windows 8 machine here is where they are found.
C:\Program Files (x86)\xLights\songs

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tindivall

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, »
That is awesome they are in the folder, I apologize I must have missed the update when that was mentioned!

My only other question would be then how to know the exact song that matches the beat breakdown?   I noticed the README text that has link to some of the songs but not all.... is the plan to use that .txt file for links to all songs? to continue using the links for the songs from webpage?  or create a README.txt for each song... i.e.:

Nutrocker_README.tx -> contains song information and link
then have the Nutrocker.txt, Nutrcoker_beats.txt, etc....

Offline tindivall

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, »
This is correct, he's no longer updating the page and has created a songs dir in the xlights/nutcracker install.  I've talked to him about maybe going back the web route since not everyone has the up to date version to get all the songs.  I've built a web app for him, just waiting to hear back.  The web app will allow people to share their xml/xseqs along with the songs also.

That would be awesome for people to share their xlights sequences considering how easy it is to convert to match your own setup!

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, »
That is awesome they are in the folder, I apologize I must have missed the update when that was mentioned!

My only other question would be then how to know the exact song that matches the beat breakdown?   I noticed the README text that has link to some of the songs but not all.... is the plan to use that .txt file for links to all songs? to continue using the links for the songs from webpage?  or create a README.txt for each song... i.e.:

Nutrocker_README.tx -> contains song information and link
then have the Nutrocker.txt, Nutrcoker_beats.txt, etc....

The new 3.1.10 release will see new sub directories in songs. Each sub directory for a song.
In those directories will be files with timing marks and maybe other stuff.

Here is the newest audacity file markings

I will use wizards.mp3 as an example.
Wizards.txt, manually marked up timing marks. Only a few songs will have this.
Wizards_4bars.txt, markings every 4 bars
Wizards_2bars.txt, markings every 2bars
Wizars_bars.txt, markings every bar
Wizards_beats.txt, markings every beat
Wizards_onsets.txt, markings for every note
Wizards_notes.txt, midi notes. This file is used with the piano effect

If I include completed sequences you would see
Wizards.xml, sequence done by sean
Wizards_user1.xml , sequence done by user1

README, this file will be located in each sub directory and will contain the link where to buy the music.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tindivall

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, »
 <res.