Author Topic: TX Universe 2& 3 Qustion  (Read 1071 times)

Offline mmais68569

TX Universe 2& 3 Qustion
« on: December 04, 2013, »
I have almost a full universe & will have to be looking at Uni 2. Do I need to have a second TX for Uni 2 or do I only need to make sure the channels in Uni 2 are set correctly in the sequence.

Mike

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: TX Universe 2& 3 Qustion
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, »
If I am understanding you correctly, you would need a second TX and have it jumpered to Uni2.  You also need to have it say attached to a different DMX-OUT on some device, like a different SS ACTIVE HUB DMX-OUT range.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: TX Universe 2& 3 Qustion
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, »
If they are in range of eachother I would probably use 1 and 3 to keep them from possibly interfering with eachother.  It is also being assumed that you are talking about DMX here since this does not work with PixelNet.  Unless all of your controllers are connecting wireless, you may want to arrange your channels to keep all of the wireless ones in the same universe and then you would only need 1 transmitter.  Also remember that in DMX, each universe requires its own separate wiring system for the signal so at a minimum, try and keep each universe in its own area in the display to help cut down on cabling.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving