Author Topic: Zeus 8 Power Supply  (Read 1274 times)

Offline CW

Zeus 8 Power Supply
« on: December 04, 2013, »
I like a lot of people am using Technicolor pixels and I would like to reduce the voltage to prolong the life of the TC due to known issues.
Question, will the Zeus 8 work with 7.5 VCD or 9 VCD?
If that will work, my run length from a central location of the Zeus / PS to the TC max length will be 25'.  Would 16 or 14 gauge wire work? Max nodes is 73, min is 20.

I appreciate the help anyone can provide.

Craig

Offline keitha43

Re: Zeus 8 Power Supply
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, »
Since the V4 SSC seemed to work okay at 12 feet (during beta testing) and the Zeus was similar I think 25 feet would be pushing it too far. Now as to the power, what you could do is power inject the strand from another power supply instead of getting power from the Zeus. I am not sure what effect running the reduced power on the Zeus itself would cause. Somebody smarter than me would have to answer that. But powering the nodes externally is a work around.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like a lot of people am using Technicolor pixels and I would like to reduce the voltage to prolong the life of the TC due to known issues.
Question, will the Zeus 8 work with 7.5 VCD or 9 VCD?
If that will work, my run length from a central location of the Zeus / PS to the TC max length will be 25'.  Would 16 or 14 gauge wire work? Max nodes is 73, min is 20.

I appreciate the help anyone can provide.

Craig

7 - 12 Volts DC is fine. the unit is a 5v and 3.3 volt system. so you need at least 7volts and you do not want to exceed 12 volts.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline CW

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, »
Thanks.
I ordered a 9 v power supply today.

Offline elmo2resc

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, »
I'm pushing around 12.6 out of a few power supplies I have. Do you think this is to much? I was planning on using them with Zeus 8, 16 and the Active Hub. It will push up to 69 amps on the 12 volt side.

Jerome
Jerome