Author Topic: Active Hub question  (Read 1156 times)

Offline caretaker

Active Hub question
« on: December 05, 2013, »
It was my understanding that if you had an active hub and you set it to pixelnet universe 2 but set DMX to universe one the DMX output would be channel 1 through 512.  My active hub which I have set Pixelnet universe 2 and DMX universe 1 is outputting DMX channels from 4097 to 4609..... Was I wrong in my understanding or is there something wrong with my hub. My current work around was to run a 80 foot cat5 to another Lynx Express to get DMX universe 1 to my 2nd story stuff.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

Re: Active Hub question
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, »
No it mirrors the pixelnet channels so it would be the first 512 channels of the pixelnet channels you have selected. This document explains it pretty well.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, »
Thanks Keith,  I will have to remap my channels for my porch stuff in LSP next year or just run the extra cable like this year.  Although I sure wish the hub worked like the way I hoped it did.
Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, »
Ran into the same problem last year...  Think I finally understand the pixelnet network. 

Remapping in LSP is faster than you might think if you have the spare channels in your 2nd PN universe.  Probably faster than making and installing the cable...   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline caretaker

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, »
Except for the fact that I would have to redo about 14 sequences, then convert them to .xseq..... I am going to re-map my whole show next year so it's a good project for late January.

Ran into the same problem last year...  Think I finally understand the pixelnet network. 

Remapping in LSP is faster than you might think if you have the spare channels in your 2nd PN universe.  Probably faster than making and installing the cable...   
Jeff Squires